DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been out of the mobile audio game for 25 years but just finished sound deadening front doors and installing a set of Audiofrog g60s components and center in my 19 Accord. Sounds great but I'm going to need a sub and amp. I favor sound quality over the windshield flexing. Willing to spend a decent amount if needed. I was thing a one 10 sub. Looking at JL W6 or Audiofrog GB. Any thoughts on these or have other recommendations. Also need a good clean power amp. Not sure what is good out there these days and would like your thoughts. Rockford was always the go to for something half decent back in the day. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Like you, I am not a bass head but do enjoy deep robust bass. I've been happy with a good 10" sub like you suggested running off 350W to 400W in my last two vehicles. Rockford still makes some pretty good amps. However, there are tons of other options out there as well. It really comes down to your preferences and budget.

Ge0

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like the Dayton Ho 10s. They do very nicely paired with a min of 800 watts rms to power them up .
A nice sub to be considered as well as the standard 5 yr. warranty..Just an option/recommendation

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I would stick with JL or AF choice for subs. As far as amps go - I would look at Zapco AP, Brax GX, Audison 5ch (all in one 4 ch + sub),GZ (Uranium or above), or some of newer D class offerings from JL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the recommendations. My stock car amp is 10 channels. I have a component set in front doors, component set in rear deck, one midrange speaker in center dash and a sub. This is a dumb question but if I want one amp to power all this how many channel amp do I need. The single center speaker throws me off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts