DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have CLS110RG-W7AE , which is a 10 w7 in a jl audio made sealed box. I am powering it with a mosconi pro 5/30 amp. I'm looking for the best sq subwoofer that my pro 5/30 can comfortably power. I'm strictly SQ I like clean bass. The vehicle is a 2019 vw golf with front speakers only, focal utopia m tweeters and utopia 6 inch mid drivers in the doors. Using a dsp helix ultra. What do you guys think would be the best sq sub for my car and mosconi amp?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
what are you missing with the W7 that makes you want to switch? What dont you like? Hate to see people spend money and sometimes big money to end up with drivers that places them basically where they were before. Sometimes changing the enclosure and tuning can make huge changes to the sound of a sub

Also, what are specs on the current sub box?

·
Premium Member
58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
What size box are you willing to live with?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
what are you missing with the W7 that makes you want to switch? What dont you like? Hate to see people spend money and sometimes big money to end up with drivers that places them basically where they were before. Sometimes changing the enclosure and tuning can make huge changes to the sound of a sub

Also, what are specs on the current sub box?
Q

I like the w7 however I feel like it's too much for my small hatchback. I've never heard a sq car audio subwoofer and since my goal was to get the best sq possible for my car I thought I could easily sell the jl audio w7 along with a hd 750/1 amp that never got used ... i had originally bought the sub and amp beacause i hated the fender audio stock system and thought I would try adding a sub first before changing out all speakers. Eventually I decided to upgrade all speakers and went with a 5 channel amp so the hd750 was not used.

I don't mind if the box takes up all trunk space because I hardly use the trunk, I would like the box to be made so that the sub gives its full potential.

Thank you all for your feedback much appreciated

·
Registered
762 Posts
the aforementioned raven xl fits your current brand affiliations, then just swap the dsp and bam, all orca system

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Currently have CLS110RG-W7AE , which is a 10 w7 in a jl audio made sealed box. I am powering it with a mosconi pro 5/30 amp. I'm looking for the best sq subwoofer that my pro 5/30 can comfortably power. I'm strictly SQ I like clean bass. The vehicle is a 2019 vw golf with front speakers only, focal utopia m tweeters and utopia 6 inch mid drivers in the doors. Using a dsp helix ultra. What do you guys think would be the best sq sub for my car and mosconi amp?
If you want a clean SQ sub here are a few options...

Brax ML10
Scanspeak revelator 11" or 13"
Morel Ultimo Ti

·
Registered
19,894 Posts
Correction:
cut hole, move amp and dsp to sides, instead of front, of hole, biggest AE IBAU you can fit.
Why parrot what others say instead of making an actual useful suggestion?

·
Registered
762 Posts
bcs i like ib, big sub is better sub, and it wont take up any room. more relevantly, because i almost did this (but with a dif sub) on a vw rabbit, which is a vw golf, so its what immediately popped into my head. also not a single other person here is likely going to make a unique suggestion, and op didnt provide enough to work with for me to actually try to narrow down the 100's of decent choices that exist. why come into the thread and downplay other ppls suggestions and yet not offer any of your own, despite you being one of the most knowledgeable people around?
op, get a sub with low Le, an fs that fits your listening tastes, a vas and q that fit your space restrictions, an ebp that fits your box preference, power handling and sensitivity that work for your amp and volume expectations, and a price that fits your budget. make sure the xmax can back up the fs in the enclosure you choose.
put 2 dayton HF 12's in 2 cuft. if it isnt enough output, you lied about how loud you need it, if it isnt essque enough, find a better box builder or tuner, if it isnt prestigious enough, reevaluate your perspective of yourself in a society with far more important concerns.
sorry, someone got me snotty, still valid advice tho

1 - 15 of 15 Posts