Registered
1,374 Posts
Much appreciated!
PM replied :D

·
Wave Shepherd
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
For anyone else wondering, here is the exploded diagram for the radio. Disassembly has a trick to it. After removing the top copper cover, use a 9v battery (very carefully!) to on the small motor in the front left corner of the radio (not in this drawing) to extend the faceplate. Remove the black plastic cover (542 is very fragile, I broke mine) and remove the two screws (604) holding the cd transport. Then remove the cd transport, and the ribbon cable (548). This allows access to the main board as shown in my photos above.

·
Wave Shepherd
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
For anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for help, I just wanted to confirm it has been just over a year and the repair is still holding fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for help, I just wanted to confirm it has been just over a year and the repair is still holding fine.
Hi, I have cd7200 like yours and a 3200 in separate cars, the 7200 display is garbled 80% of the time to the point its unreadable especially when it comes to syncing a new phone like now. I can't tell which step I'm on. I tried to see on the 3200 the syncing steps but I can't tell if I'm in the same place as I inadvertantly hit th shortcut sequence prior.
Would another 7200 face plate enable me to sync my phone? Is all of the memory in the body or the face plate? Anyway to restore the visibility to the face plate?

I tried to contact Eclipse a yr or two ago 2018 and didn't have any luck getting to anyone who knew about these.
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I have cd7200 like yours and a 3200 in separate cars, the 7200 display is garbled 80% of the time to the point its unreadable especially when it comes to syncing a new phone like now. I can't tell which step I'm on. I tried to see on the 3200 the syncing steps but I can't tell if I'm in the same place as I inadvertantly hit th shortcut sequence prior.
Would another 7200 face plate enable me to sync my phone? Is all of the memory in the body or the face plate? Anyway to restore the visibility to the face plate?

I tried to contact Eclipse a yr or two ago 2018 and didn't have any luck getting to anyone who knew about these.
Thanks
So out of curiosity I put the 3200 face plate in the 7200 unit to see if I could sync my new phone and YES it worked, it wasn't crystal clear but better than the 7200 in terms of seeing what I was doing!!

Still sounds fantastic playing my ipod :)

·
Wave Shepherd
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi! I think the settings are stored in the radio, not the display so you should be able to swap displays.

I tried switching out for a different display like you did, but it didn't work for some reason and I forget why. I think the buttons didn't respond or the menus were garbled or something.

If you want to troubleshoot further, try posting a picture of what the 7200 display looks like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the pages my cd mechanism was disassembled by the previous owner is the 3200 and the 7200 mkII have the same mechanism

·
Wave Shepherd
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sorry I didn't see earlier, I don't spend much time here. You can reach me faster on car audio junkies.

I don't know if the cd transport is the same on both, but there's a good chance that it is. The front display shared some parts with the 3200 for example.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry I didn't see earlier, I don't spend much time here. You can reach me faster on car audio junkies.

I don't know if the cd transport is the same on both, but there's a good chance that it is. The front display shared some parts with the 3200 for example.
Thank you so much for your response, so this is what I found out. The cd mechanism is the same, it is also the same mechanism, just add mounting hardware to new mechanism, as some of the Chevy GMC car stereo’s like that which is in a Pontiac g5 or Chevy cobalt, but all works great now, thanks again for your response, just figured I’d share what I found out.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts