DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Got a prefab WickedCAS sealed fiberglass enclosure. Need a recommendation for a single 12" that will work perfectly in a 0.85cf. I will have ~800+ watts at 2ohm available (depending on which amp I end up upgrading to). Current amp will give it 625 watts. Looking for SQ.
Thanks!
-a

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Stereo Integrity BM MK IV and add some filler into the box to make it .5 cubes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe it's very different but I had a V3 in 1 cubic foot and was not impressed. The low end was severely lacking.

An Illusion C12 would sound good in .85 cubes as I'm sure the SI would too. What's your mounting depth? Any limitation?
I have about 8" of depth.

I always thought fill was used to make the volume of a box appear bigger.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Maybe it's very different but I had a V3 in 1 cubic foot and was not impressed. The low end was severely lacking.

An Illusion C12 would sound good in .85 cubes as I'm sure the SI would too. What's your mounting depth? Any limitation?
severely lacking? Sorry..i need to throw the BS flag on that one:D

But sure go ahead and suggest a $1000 dollar sub instead :)

·
Registered
9,003 Posts

Disagree about the C12. The C10 needs almost that much space and it still sounded like it was too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I have about 8" of depth.

I always thought fill was used to make the volume of a box appear bigger.
Fiberfill does make your volume bigger. If you put a solid item (like a brick although a brick isnt a good example) to take up space than it will have the opposite effect.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
severely lacking? Sorry..i need to throw the BS flag on that one:D

But sure go ahead and suggest a $1000 dollar sub instead :)
Lol Seriously tho, I had to boost 20, 30, & 40hz a lot and still didn't get the low end extension one would want from their sub. I would never put and IDQ in anything smaller than 1.25 cubes. Ymmv and that was my experience with the V3.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any other recommendations? Besides the Arc Black and IDq, seriously having trouble finding suitable options.
-a

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.