DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 GMC Sierra with Bose. I bought a Zen Navtv interface and my plan for door speakers and subs are AudioFrog GS690 midbass and GB10 tweeter and GB25 midrange for the front speakers
AudioFrog Coaxial GS62 for the rears and two JL Audio 12tw3-D8’s.

To power them I’m thinking JL VX800/8i or Helix VEight MK2 DSP for door speakers and a VX1000/1i or RD1000/1 for subs.

Question(s) is/are should I get the JL VXI or Helix for the door speakers? For the subs do the VXI or the RD?

Open to suggestions as well.

Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am still picking out parts for my 2020 Sierra for now I am trying CDT ES6.5's in the doors and the CDT Unity hybrid tweet in the dash, using an audio control D-6.1200 still undecided on sub and mono amp.

Personally I wouldn't use another DSP amp just for the sub...unless you have cash to throw at it.... I don't know if this is a feature on other amps but with the audio control unit you can apply whatever audio filters from the DSP and apply that to the rca AUX out for another amp.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
If it is a sealed box and tons of power, then probably not.

But if it is a difficult sub box, then a DSP could be pretty useful. And it depends on SQ goals.

·
Registered
2010 Silverado CC
201 Posts
Pretty sure the Helix has 10 channels of processing, could use the 2 line outputs to feed the monoblock. I wouldn't spend an extra 500 bucks on a mono for the processing.

Helix is regarded as one of the best most user friendly DSPs, more eq ability as well, although the JL has Tun which can be controlled by the phone and the JL can be bridged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts