·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the Hertz HSK-163 set

Mid-Bass 100w rms, 200w peak

Mid-Range 50w rms, 100w peak

Tweet 120w @2,5khz-12db oct. rms, 120w peak

seems like im going to need a 4 channel with 100w rms on each channel @ 4ohms and a amp that can run 50w rms on 2 channel @ 4ohms

my first thing is.... wtf does this mean "Tweet 120w @2,5khz-12db oct. rms, 120w peak"

what is the damn rms. its saying it can take 120w while at 2,5khz with a 12 db slope.... so what about the rest of it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
So, I'm assuming you're gonna use the 3way crossover that came with the HSK 163. It isn't biampable, so the RMS is as stated at 150w. Each crossover will have one input and three outputs (one to each driver).

You need a 2ch amp with 75-150 watts rms at 4 ohms. Arc, Zapco and JL audio all have excellent choices in this range.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nah, im going active on my setup and getting rid of the passive crossover

im running them right now on a jl 300/4 bridged but that wont fly when i get rid of the passive crossover

·
Registered
307 Posts
"my first thing is.... wtf does this mean "Tweet 120w @2,5khz-12db oct. rms, 120w peak"

what is the damn rms. its saying it can take 120w while at 2,5khz with a 12 db slope.... so what about the rest of it?"

i think you are correct. 2.5k is probably the hi-pass xover point to the tweeter. id believe that this is the frequency with the highest excursion (small as it may be)and a mechanical limit on the tweets. just a guess, though. anyone can chime in and correct me.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
What is your budget for the 2 amps and what size footprint limitations do you have? There are several GREAT options out there, but we need more info to be able to give you any accurate advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts