DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the head unit installed on friday and was playing with it a bit today after setting up my amps. This is my first "High end" head unit, i upgraded from a Pioneer P3100UB and as expected there are many adjustments to make. I'm having trouble finding the "fader" adjustment. I'm wanting to fade my front stage higher, so that my rearscan be lower in volume since they are stock. If you own/ed one, your input would be great. Also, does this head unit have a sub level adjustment? (Not referring to "loudness features or bass boost" Thanks and Merry christmas :)

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Got the head unit installed on friday and was playing with it a bit today after setting up my amps. This is my first "High end" head unit, i upgraded from a Pioneer P3100UB and as expected there are many adjustments to make. I'm having trouble finding the "fader" adjustment. I'm wanting to fade my front stage higher, so that my rearscan be lower in volume since they are stock. If you own/ed one, your input would be great. Also, does this head unit have a sub level adjustment? (Not referring to "loudness features or bass boost" Thanks and Merry christmas :)
Infos on page 61 of the manual. Press the button in the middle of the rotary volume knob until you get to BAL/FAD or NON-F (sub control)
If you don't have the manual, I believe it can still be downloaded from the Eclipse Fujitsu Ten website...

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Infos on page 61 of the manual. Press the button in the middle of the rotary volume knob until you get to BAL/FAD or NON-F (sub control)
If you don't have the manual, I believe it can still be downloaded from the Eclipse Fujitsu Ten website...

Kelvin

I'll have to check that out, I do hve the manual, but i have to pull it out of the storage room. I'll give that a sho, Thank, p.s. I bought this deck because i wanted to upgrade and since you had mentioned that a relative had it and had mentioned that it was a good head unit, i took your work for it and got this deck. :)

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I'll have to check that out, I do hve the manual, but i have to pull it out of the storage room. I'll give that a sho, Thank, p.s. I bought this deck because i wanted to upgrade and since you had mentioned that a relative had it and had mentioned that it was a good head unit, i took your work for it and got this deck. :)
Actually, I still have that HU in my car - my "old" CD8455 is now in my dad's car - my girlfriend's has a CD7200mkII and I bought a spare CD7200 just in case something happens to my CD7000
As you can see, I love Eclipse :D After all those years, they are still going strong...

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I still have that HU in my car - my "old" CD8455 is now in my dad's car - my girlfriend's has a CD7200mkII and I bought a spare CD7200 just in case something happens to my CD7000
As you can see, I love Eclipse :D After all those years, they are still going strong...

Kelvin

Must be nice have be able to play with other Eclipse decks. I have noticed a improvement in sound quality unless my ears are tricking me to think that.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Must be nice have be able to play with other Eclipse decks. I have noticed a improvement in sound quality unless my ears are tricking me to think that.
A lot would disagree but I do believe that your system can only be as good as the weakest link ;)

Kelvin

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot would disagree but I do believe that your system can only be as good as the weakest link ;)

Kelvin

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, but I can hear the difference. I used A DD-1 to make sure my head unit isn't clipping along with my amps and i can say that my HAT 6 1/2 Clarus sound better (though they had sounded great already)and I noticed improvement in mid bass also. :) My previous setup with the Pioneer was set with the DD-1 also, same equipment and amp settings with the exception of head unit change, but the deck is at its default settings. So I feel like it's valid to say that the head unit can make a difference.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Just curious now that you have had this HU in for a while, how are you liking it? Thinking about trying to find one of these, as I hear they have great SQ..

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious now that you have had this HU in for a while, how are you liking it? Thinking about trying to find one of these, as I hear they have great SQ..

I haven't messed with it much since i haven't had much time, but I can tell you that I like it alot better then my old Pioneer. It does sound better and I believe it's valid to say that since I used the same equipment and used the same tool to get the most out of amps with the DD-1, so all things were equal before and after. I also had 2 discs that my Pioneer didn't like, so it decided to play them as if they were scratched and the discs were in new condition and the Eclipse had no problems with those. I don't really have much to say, but I do plan to go 3 way active, so that should be fun since it'll be my first time doing it. I do currently have my HAT 6 1/2 Clarus passive and they do sound better then they did with the Pioneer, not that they sounded bad with the deck, but they seemed to be more on the brightish side compared to the Eclipse. I can't really say much since I haven't had much expirience with it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've had a CD7000 for a while and it's sound quality over the kenwood it replaced was fairly dramatic. Surprising actually. Only reason it's coming out of the current car is because a pioneer 99rs is going in. But I like it so much I'm putting it in my other car when I do that install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts