DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, like it says, I am going to be building a small sub enclosure for two american bass xd-65. for power I have a soundstream ref 404s. two chanels will be bridged and running two ohms for the subs so I am guessing about 100 or so watts per sub. the box i would like to hang from the rear deck with the subs firing into the rear window in some factory looking speaker plates on top of the rear deck. I do not have any box builder software and I am not sure which one to use. I would like these to play as low and as loud as possible but do not want a huge box in the truck......kinda the reason I went with small subs.

I was going to post a picture of the rear deck but i am at work and cant seem to find one online. ill snap a picture later and post it on here.

any help with box volume needed or even some designs would be great.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
post the T/S specs

you are gonna be limited for how low they can play at realistic levels.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the one. I know im not gonna be setting off alarms or anything like that. And i know its apples to oranges but the two 8" i have in the mustang were more than enough.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
considering the EBP of 111, I would go with a ported box on this one, except getting the size of port you need in that small of a box in nearly impossible. so, i would go with a sealed box. 2 of them in .25 cuft should work fairly well.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just to make things clear. I am not wanting the box on the rear deck. but.....hmm to describe it. a box attached to the bottom of the rear deck, some mdf rings cut to go from the top of the box and attach to the bottom of the speaker trim panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
as long as you enclose the speaker from the back with 1/8-1/4 cuft of air space each. it should sound fine.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
no, not unless one panel is 18" or more. and I dont see that from a 1/8cuft box, lol.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
no .25cuft for BOTH, so if they go in the rear deck and you enclose them separately, it would be 1/8cuft.

the model didnt make much difference if you went to 1/4cuft each, if you cant get the boxes that small.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but this one had the info I needed. I also wanted to know if you got it done and how they sounded? I just bought 2 to go in the center console of my avalanche along with an AB phantom 1600 amp. OP what's your feedback on your setup?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts