DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was hoping ya'll might give me some ideas on how to go about what I need here...

i'm woring on my IB baffle, doing it double thick, and I need to figure out a good way to get things to fit nice around the wheel wells...

I've thought about trying to trim the MDF to fit really nice, but I can see WAY to much work, only to have parts so thin, I'd constantly worry about is flaking like MDF loves to do...

I know the pic is hard to make out, i'll get better tonight...

I was also thinking about glassing over the wheel well and using those parts and simply attaching them to the baffle, so it all goes in in one peice.. I don't have any resin currently though... I need to make a purchase..

I also need to intigrate into the rear deck.... And around the rear roll cage mounts (which i'll have to cut the side panels anyway to do..

Can anyone give me some pointers of how to make this go a bit easier?

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Better pics... 2nd layer all layed out....

More areas needed, I also need to be able to get to my adjuster for the struts... ??? some sort of door??? (Back to the first layer here...)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would mask everything off around the sides then glass it. once you have it glassed you can either attach it to the MDF or just have them as trim pieces that would screw on or use clips.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's just what I was thinking... thanks... !

anyone else maybe?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Duraglass will be your best friend in this situation. Tape all the area in and around the panel. mix up some Duraglass and fill all the gaps. Sand to fit, then cover. Something like this.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice.. !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts