DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one of my tweeters on my Diamond Audio Hex component set went out on me today. Now I am debating on whether or not to try and find some suitable replacements for the tweeters or just going a different direction all together with my front stage. I like what I've been hearing about the Pioneer TS-C720PRS set. Im not really sure which direction I want to go. I am leaning towards picking up the pioneers since they seem to have the type a sound I like. My complaint with the diamonds were that the tweeter was way over pronounced and bordered on harsh with a lot of music and the mid-bass ranged from crappy to practically non-existent. I did like detail and midrange of the diamonds though. So what would you guys suggest?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you dont sound too thrilled with your DA's I say try something new!
Yeah the HEX set was a bit of a let down for me. I had a pair of DA CM3 components in my car before and while they were not as detailed and didnt throw as good of a soundstage as the HEX set the overall tonal balance of the speakers was much better. I was hoping that HEX set would have been a step up rather than a step in a completely different direction. Oh well, at least I still have my cm3s to hold me over until I get something else. Now I just need to figure out what I'm gonna do with my HEX crossovers and 6.5 drivers.

BTW, are there any other good component sets I should be looking at in the same price range as the pioneers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts