DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Many, hell more than likely just about all of you have more experience than me with this diy stuff, so I would like a recommendation or two. I'm looking for some mids to replace my RS Pro mids possibly. I would like a 6.5" driver, but a good 7" is not out of the question. I don't know for sure yet what tweeter set the mids would be paired with. I do have a set of the aluminum dome lpg's that I just bought from newtitan on the way. From what I understand, they are essentially the same tweet used with the highest end Canton Pullman set from several years ago. I remember that set well, and I loved the tweets that came with it.

I listen to mostly rock music, although I do also enjoy Pavorroti from time to time. I don't want a driver that I'm gonna have to cross over really low because I feel that the lpg's are gonna be right up my alley possibly and I know they can't be crossed over really low. The mid must be able to keep it's composure while being played loud, as I tend to get a little carried away with the volume knob from time to time :D . I guess you could say that it needs to be able to play just about everything from rock to opera.

The mids will be mounted in the doors of my truck. I've got lot's of room for depth (well over 5" with the current mdf baffles I have). They'll be powered with a Brax X2000. Price isn't much of an obstacle, but I would like to keep the price under $250 for the pair if possible. If not that's ok too.

Anyone have any experience with the Peerless Exclusive 7" driver? Looks pretty good on paper. Thanks ahead of time guys.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I have the peerless 8's and IMO they are SWEET,

but seeing the lpgs should be good to about 3500, id save up another 50,and get the seas nextels :)

but I assume the peerless 7" would be cool also---to play up to the lpg's

or maybe that just because I want those :) and cant afford them right now

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at the seas nextels actually over on madisound earlier. I sure wish I could hear some of these mids, but as hard as it is to hear regular comp sets offered from the big mobile audio companies, of course it's next to impossible to hear the likes of Seas and Peerless...especially when you live in the area of Central Texas that I do....

Thanks for the reply.... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts