DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i posted this in the H800 thread and everyone has been ignoring my post.

i would like to know if anyone can direct me to a link on this site where i can learn about what is the latest and greatest in the world of DSP and SQ.
i read all 52 pages of this pxa h800 thread because i have been looking to buy the H800. i have talked to people on the inside of alpine corporate and have confirmed this unit will be released to the US within the next 30 days.
at this point i am looking to put a system in my 2012 corvette Z06 centennial edition. i had a system in my 2008 Z06 that consisted of the Kenwood DNX9980HD jl amps and speakers/ subs.
i took everything out of my old car and am looking to start fresh but building off the concepts i used in the last build.
i feel like a $90,000 car is worthy of whatever the top of the line technology is these days.
i had been an installer in a previous life about 10 years ago. did some very high end systems and have made it more or less been a hobby for the past 10 years so i am not as much in the know as i used to be.
i wonder if anyone can point me to some threads or just educate me in general what direction i need to be looking.
i will be at CES in 3 weeks for just friday. i plan to take that time to find out what is up and coming. but i want to know whats available now so i have the tools necessary to talk intelligently about what is here and now.
this way i can find out what is up and coming with respect to current technology.

what i do know is that i want to put the latest and greatest in signal processing in my Vette. i have a center speaker that i would like to use and i want 5.1 with all the goodies.
navigation is important to me, i think garmin has the market and with the kenwood having it built in is hard to beat, should i persue alpine?
is their navigation up to par with kenwood?

i have had 3 of the past top of the line navigation receivers from kenwood, i feel they have some room for improvement in the speed department.
otherwise they have some pretty decent DSP and adjustability.
when i talk to the contacts at alpine they just keep telling me to wait till after CES and i plan to before making a decision because without disclosing any secrits it seems every time i ask does their head unit do this or that they say wait till CES.

thanks

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
SQ is not plug and play. Get the placement right, learn how to tune and focus on acoustic treatment of the crappy environment. Expensive equipment does not equal SQ.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SQ is not plug and play. Get the placement right, learn how to tune and focus on acoustic treatment of the crappy environment. Expensive equipment does not equal SQ.
perhaps you did not understand the nature of my question, i wasnt looking for an education in SQ. just some feedback as to the best in digital signal processing.

i will not be doing anything to this car that cannot be returned to stock, there will be no cutting of anything. using all factory speaker locations and plan to use the best in digital signal processing to make up for what can't be done install wise.

my last system in the vette has some really incredible staging considering it was just being run off a kenwood head unit. i want to up the ante with this system in the new car.
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts