DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a .75"-1" tweeter, preferable a soft dome, small housing, very natural sounding "airy", and not too expensinve..... any models come to mind? I have an 05' Jaguar X-Type and there is really no place to put a large tweeter, i'm currently runnins PRS 6.75" in the front doors and there really is no place to place those tweeter with out too much fabrication, i want to keep it as stock looking as possible:cool:

I was hoping to be able to put them into the stock locations, they would be on-axis and about 8"-10" away from the mids in the door panels. let me know what you guys think........ The smaller the better and they will be running active with a Infinity Kappa Four. so i have plenty of power to play with
(125Wrms):rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I like my Morel MDT12s, slightly modified. Come up and listen if you are around Bawstin.

What did you use to trim down that flange?

I have some large-flanged tweets I'd love to use, but I'm clueless when it comes to some things, like how to DIY shave down the plate so I can fit the damn things in my door.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
HAT (Hybrid Audio Technologies) tweeters come to mind. L1v1 can be had for fairly inexpensive. But again, you may need to "modify" the housing as they do have a wider flange. They are about 1/4 the size of those MDT12s above.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I like my Morel MDT12s, slightly modified. Come up and listen if you are around Bawstin.
[/IMG]
Nice sails. What kind of paint did u use. I'm building some for my MDT39's. Yours look so clean, makes me wonder if i really need the rear chamber at all.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
They came stock on my vehicle. I opened them up a bit with a dremel so the tweeter body became a snug fit. This is how they looked "originally"

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
To the OP: Hertz HT20 is 20mm and way small footprint. HT25 is 25mm and also very small footprint.

Morel car-specific tweeters are 28mm domes with way small footprint as well (excluding Piccolo and Supremo).

Hard to find really small-footprint silk domes not in car-specific lines.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have some Audax tweeters designed for car use in tight spaces. $20 shipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts