DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive an 04 Dodge Durango with the infinity system and currently have Kicker KS 6.5s in the doors but everything else is infinity. I plan on replacing all of the speakers including the 3.5s on the dash. I have a few replacement options in mind but don't know which route to take. My initial idea was to just replace everything with coaxials but now I'm interested in adding some midbass to the set up, so my options have changed a bit. I plan on running an 18 in the sub stage but don't really know which approach to take to add midbass. I was thinking about putting some fullrange drivers in the 3.5s on the dash and using coaxials for the doors but I don't know how this will sound. I could also do coaxials in the front and dash, and get some 6.5 midbass drivers for the back doors. My main concern is that without the extra tweeters I'm going to lose volume in the high end, which I don't want because I may not be able to hear it over the sub. If anyone has any suggestions as to what speakers I should put where, they would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i would just run decent components up front and coaxs in the rear you won't miss the 3.5s or other speakers . with the right amount of power they should be able to keep up with the 18"

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Whats your budget for all this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts