DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a decent midrange speaker that has a diameter no larger than 76mm and a height of no more than 14mm. This is to replace a bad front center channel in my car. Does anyone have any suggestions. So for I've had no luck finding anything.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What model car are we talking about?
Toyota Sera with SLSS. It's a weird factory 5.1 system. Front left and right mid and tweeter pairs, front center mid, rear left and right mid and tweeter pairs, and a subwoofer in the trunk. I'm driving them all with an Alpine PXE-0850s. The front center speaker is blown or the material has rotted away. Very low volume and scratchy. Original speakers are hard to find and probably about to rot away anyway.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

Digikey had the Visaton SC4.6FL in stock, so I ordered one.

I have a few similar to the D0050008NM14BAR speaker. I haven't tried them yet, but they look like they can't possibly sound good.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I mean.. you can't really expect them to defy physics. At best, they play something audible enough to pass...

Now if you are willing to take out a dremel and go to town.. options will open up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean.. you can't really expect them to defy physics. At best, they play something audible enough to pass...

Now if you are willing to take out a dremel and go to town.. options will open up!
There isn't much room to work with even if you start cutting. There is HVAC ducting right under the speaker. Which also means I need to remove the dash (and basically the whole interior of the car forward of the seats) to replace the speaker.

The original speaker sounded decent before it died.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts

Reactions: blacklisthunter

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
There isn't much room to work with even if you start cutting. There is HVAC ducting right under the speaker. Which also means I need to remove the dash (and basically the whole interior of the car forward of the seats) to replace the speaker.

The original speaker sounded decent before it died.
Maybe get one you want... and do a pvc mounting like your tweeters are?

Boom..^^^^ They do exist!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts