DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roommate wants me to build him a sub box for his 07 chevy silverado. He wants the sub to be under the rear seat. wants to keep the price to about $100 for sub, and only wants to use one side of the seat so im thinking he has about 1cf of space. He has a crossfire amp which i believe puts outs 400+ rms watts at 2ohms. He origonally wanted a ported box, but idk if its possible with the space provided. only have a mounting depth of about 7-8" after wood so probably 6" depth?

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
ID, RE, Dayton, Hertz-All make a sub that meets your power, mounting depth needs, air space and are right there at your price point.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd add the JBL GTO series. Very good cheap subs.
ive used multiple gtos and loved them! just didnt know if he would like it. single 12 might fit, other a 10 will work, or maybe 2 8's??

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone familar with chevy silverados....2007+??? need to know where to run the power wire through the firewall.

·
Registered
404 Posts
My roommate wants me to build him a sub box for his 07 chevy silverado. He wants the sub to be under the rear seat. wants to keep the price to about $100 for sub, and only wants to use one side of the seat so im thinking he has about 1cf of space. He has a crossfire amp which i believe puts outs 400+ rms watts at 2ohms. He origonally wanted a ported box, but idk if its possible with the space provided. only have a mounting depth of about 7-8" after wood so probably 6" depth?

any ideas?
Kinda depends on the music he likes, how loud he listens, would he like a tighter bass quality or a bit of boom?

Not knowing this I'll take a shot: http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?t=2&products_id=106It It is shallow, 2 ohm, and can be run in a .7 cu ft. ported enclosure tuned to 30 HZ and cost $70 + shipping.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda depends on the music he likes, how loud he listens, would he like a tighter bass quality or a bit of boom?

Not knowing this I'll take a shot: Elemental Designs It is shallow, 2 ohm, and can be run in a .7 cu ft. ported enclosure tuned to 30 HZ and cost $70 + shipping.
damn!!! i forgot all about that sub. maybe i can call and cancel his current order on a pioneer premier slim sub. just decided to do a simple sealed box for the pioneer, but that ED might be better???

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet. done deal...canceled the pioneer and ordered the ED. he wants a ported box and that ED will be nice ported. paired with a crossfire cfa602 amp which puts out bout 250-400rms watts. he just wants some added bass to his truck, not no spl etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
sweet. done deal...canceled the pioneer and ordered the ED. he wants a ported box and that ED will be nice ported. paired with a crossfire cfa602 amp which puts out bout 250-400rms watts. he just wants some added bass to his truck, not no spl etc.
Yeeeeah, glad it turned out to be a good choice for you and your buddy. Remember to post back and tell us how it sounds.:)

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Is the ED sub cheaper than the Tang Band?

Just curious since they are the same sub. I would expect the TB to be cheaper, but who knows.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got the ED from ED for $70 shipped. FREE ups ground. here is the box design....75cf tuned to 30hz exactly to subs specs.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.75cf*

if i have enough space im gonna add another baffle to flush mount the sub. protect it a lil bit. should fit right under the rear drivers seat, and then im gonna pull the seat out and mount the amp to the back wall behind the seat. should be simple and effective which is all he wanted.

on the other hand...just for the hell of it...heres my new box design going into my ranger. gonna hold a single JBL GTO 12". tuned to sub specs!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i actually paid another guy on CA.com to do them. $5 for both designs and cut sheets. he did all the work and i just told him what i was looking for idea wise and space available etc. along with sub TS parameters etc.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
i actually paid another guy on CA.com to do them. $5 for both designs and cut sheets. he did all the work and i just told him what i was looking for idea wise and space available etc. along with sub TS parameters etc.
you could have done your own cutsheet or sketchup free with google sketchup.

Subwoofer Enclosure Calculators, Fraction to Decimal, Parallel, Series, Port Length and Volume Calculators

and that second design doesn't look like a good one with the sub firing directly into the port.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i wanted the 2nd one like that cause i wanted a uniform look on ea side that way when i mount my pdx on ea side it looks nice n even

1 - 19 of 19 Posts