DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my car is 2012 Honda Civic 4 door. I am trying to quiet the car down as well as to damp the metal. Wondering what I should get and about how much, and need suggestion on where to put what and how. I do not like liquid treatment though. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I am sorry for the late reply.
Depending on your sound system, you can go with 1 - 3 packs of AlphaDamp.
The higher the intesity, the more you will need.
2 boxes however (40 sq feet) should be plenty for most audio systems in a 4 door civic

ANT

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.

Should I cover everything or I can just follow the 25% rule? Do I cover the floor since I believe there are some dampener there?

Finally I want to have barrier. The car is so noisy at highway speed (primarily road noise). I want to put some LLP between the plastic door trim and the door panel. Also the wheel wells and trunk floor. Is it the correct way to do? And is about 40 sq-ft enough for the car (including floor)?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Thank you.

Should I cover everything or I can just follow the 25% rule? Do I cover the floor since I believe there are some dampener there?

Finally I want to have barrier. The car is so noisy at highway speed (primarily road noise). I want to put some LLP between the plastic door trim and the door panel. Also the wheel wells and trunk floor. Is it the correct way to do? And is about 40 sq-ft enough for the car (including floor)?
40 sq feet is enough to cover about 30% of the cars interior sheet metal including the floor.

For road noise LLP is perfect for raod noise. Apply it on top of the AlphaDamp in the high noise areas (floor, firewall, quarter panels, doors)

That will do it!

ANT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts