1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-2012 Kia Optima Ex no infinity system
-Aftermarket Android head unit Atoto A6 Pro
- Speakers are all Rockford fosgate

2 RF punch 3.5 inch speakers in front dash , 2 RF T1 power tweeters , 2 RF Punch Pro PP4-6 in front doors , 2 RF punch 6.75 coaxial in rear doors . I need opinons on what is the best way to amplify/wire this set up to power and tune the right way. I am all set with amp for sub it is a p300-12 with built in amp. I am also using a 3 way electronic crossover to help with frequency's any suggestions would be great I blew my RF prime 300.4 not paying attention put ground in power and power wire in ground on distribution block lol. Right now I'm using a 2 channel RF p2002 and 4 channel **** boss amp that only channel 3 and 4 work on and I rigged the system by parael wireing the speakers to all work off 4 channels but it's obviously not retainable for 8 4 ohm speakers . My budget is around 500 to spend on Amps but I am going to most likely still use the RF P2002 2 channel amp. I need a dsp as well any thoughts would be much appreciated !

·
Premium Member
2016 Mazda 6 GT
1,964 Posts
Honestly you need to at least double your budget. Sell the RF & Boss amps along with the 3 way crossover and get a JL VXi 8 channel. Has built in 8 channel amplifier, crossovers and DSP. One component will take the place of the three you’re already using plus has DSP.

Reactions: JackedBurton

·
Registered
254 Posts
-2012 Kia Optima Ex no infinity system
-Aftermarket Android head unit Atoto A6 Pro
- Speakers are all Rockford fosgate

2 RF punch 3.5 inch speakers in front dash , 2 RF T1 power tweeters , 2 RF Punch Pro PP4-6 in front doors , 2 RF punch 6.75 coaxial in rear doors . I need opinons on what is the best way to amplify/wire this set up to power and tune the right way. I am all set with amp for sub it is a p300-12 with built in amp. I am also using a 3 way electronic crossover to help with frequency's any suggestions would be great I blew my RF prime 300.4 not paying attention put ground in power and power wire in ground on distribution block lol. Right now I'm using a 2 channel RF p2002 and 4 channel **** boss amp that only channel 3 and 4 work on and I rigged the system by parael wireing the speakers to all work off 4 channels but it's obviously not retainable for 8 4 ohm speakers . My budget is around 500 to spend on Amps but I am going to most likely still use the RF P2002 2 channel amp. I need a dsp as well any thoughts would be much appreciated !
I have some pioneer amps 2 8604 and 1 9601

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even know there was a 8 channel amp like that ! How much does that go for that would be legit everything I need

·
Registered
254 Posts
I didn't even know there was a 8 channel amp like that ! How much does that go for that would be legit everything I need
Sir thats 2, 4 channel amplifiers and 1 monoblock . I was going to bridge one 4 channel amp to run my midbass then have the other 4 channel to run mids and tweeters . Then the monoblock for the subwoofer. That project never happened the amps have probably been sitting for 2 years .

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know jlaudio makes 2 one with dsp one without. Also Alpine does as well . But both are over budget for you. You could buy used amplifiers like the ones I have pretty cheap. I have been on the fence about selling mine but I realize I'll never buy big cheap power like that again. I bought all 3 bnib for way less then 500 .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts