DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got the speakers for the vette and I decided to go with the focal 165vr. The head unit i have is the idax305s and the subs will be 2 alpine 8's but I havent decided sealed or ported. probably sealed because of limited space. I now need to find an amp for this. I would like to be able to run active someday even if I dont do it right now so that should be considered. Sound quality is paramount obviously. Im not sure if i will be using rear speakers but its a possibility. also, I will be getting the imprint software. What would be a good amp for this aplication? One amp for all like the HD series from jl or should i get individual amps for speakers and subs. and suggestions would be awesome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So i just got the speakers for the vette and I decided to go with the focal 165vr. The head unit i have is the idax305s and the subs will be 2 alpine 8's but I havent decided sealed or ported. probably sealed because of limited space. I now need to find an amp for this. I would like to be able to run active someday even if I dont do it right now so that should be considered. Sound quality is paramount obviously. Im not sure if i will be using rear speakers but its a possibility. also, I will be getting the imprint software. What would be a good amp for this aplication? One amp for all like the HD series from jl or should i get individual amps for speakers and subs. and suggestions would be awesome.

Go with the Butler 475 or 575 tube amplifier...superb sound.

Or find a 4 channel McIntosh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts