DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another thread going about a different question but it has in a way evolved in this type of question as I do not have all my equipment picked out.

I have a 2018 Raptor with the factory B&O system. It’s okay for a factory system but it’s greatly lacking in overall output (volume).

I want to maintain all factory functionality so, the first item I need is the Nav-TV Kit 889 to interface with the B&O system head unit.

Next is an Audio Control Epicenter or something similar because, I listen to a lot of 70’s-90 rock music which is missing the lowest musical fundamentals and was neutered by the sound engineers of the time.

Followed by the DSP of unknown make/model.
was leaning towards Audio Control DM608 or Helix.

Note: I would like to utilize the factory speaker locations to keep costs down and not draw more attention with custom A-pillars with tweeter and mid-range mounted in them as this truck is my daily driver. My boys (9 & 10yrs old) love this truck. We take it off road and even do minor jumps with it. So the equipment needs to be able to be well mounted and secure. Thus no 3-way designs.

Front speaker locations are tweeters low in the A-pillars and midbass centered in the front section of the door.

Rear speakers are like the midbass in the front door. I don’t think the factory rear speakers have tweeters in this location.

Factory sub and amp are going to be removed to allow for an equipment rack.
For subs I was planning on 2 JL Audio 12TW3v3D(4/8ohm depending on what amps I use) in a custom enclosure from MTI in TX.

Amps will depend on what speaker equipment is chosen.
Fronts: Looking at Hertz Mille Pro line and BLAM audio.
The Hertz 165.3pro are x-over at 3.5K 12db/oct high pass mid to tweeter and 6db low pass tweeter to mid using their passive x-overs.
Or
BLAM L200P 8” component set. x-over unknown as it’s not listed on their website. Will be checking into that ASAP.

Rears: 6.5” mid from respective company used in fronts for rear fill.

Any thoughts about the plan greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
You mentioned the NAV-TV. Have you looked at the Axxess AXDSPX series? Not only do they maintain your factory controls, but they also include a DSP. I went to the Axxess website and selected the 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor with B&O and it several integration kits. Take a look at both of the kits below and see which one would work best. You can get them for much less than the listed MSRP and a NAV-TV. I used a similar Axxess kit for my car and it worked out great.

I know you can get the A2B2 kit for $260 at Lift Kits 4 Less.

AXDSPX-A2B2

AXDSPX-FD2

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mentioned the NAV-TV. Have you looked at the Axxess AXDSPX series? Not only do they maintain your factory controls, but they also include a DSP. I went to the Axxess website and selected the 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor with B&O and it several integration kits. Take a look at both of the kits below and see which one would work best. You can get them for much less than the listed MSRP and a NAV-TV. I used a similar Axxess kit for my car and it worked out great.

I know you can get the A2B2 kit for $260 at Lift Kits 4 Less.

AXDSPX-A2B2

AXDSPX-FD2
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will look into those Axxess kits.

·
Registered
130 Posts
After looking into the Axxess model I think that I will stick with the Zen model. It seems to have WAY less issues.
I guess it’s hit or miss sometimes, although the Axxess for my car worked out well. Just make sure you’re looking at the correct model numbers because the old part numbers are very similar to the new ones. For example, the old part number might be AX-DSPX-A2B2 and the new one is AXDSPX-A2B2. Axxess redesigned them in 2020.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it’s hit or miss sometimes, although the Axxess for my car worked out well. Just make sure you’re looking at the correct model numbers because the old part numbers are very similar to the new ones. For example, the old part number might be AX-DSPX-A2B2 and the new one is AXDSPX-A2B2. Axxess redesigned them in 2020.
I will double check the part numbers. Thank you again for the suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts