DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that my H3 build is 99% done I suppose its time to start with the wife's car now (03 Chevy Tahoe). I have all the gear to do a real solid average build but decided that I wanted better stuff since I drive it a lot haha. So I ordered a set of the new Focal Utopia BE 165 W-RC's today :D BUT WHERE DO I GO FROM THERE?! I already have some Audison LRx amps but I was maybe thinking of going Mosconi instead? so whats your input? Stick with Audsion LRX? or try something different? I'm open to suggestions...

Project
2003 Chevy Tahoe

Goal
-To have above average sound without totally breaking the bank (150% of my budget went to my Hummer and then some)

Gear I have (or have ordered) and I am using for sure
Source Unit- Alpine INA-W900 (already installed)

Front Stage- Focal Utopia BE W-RC's

Subs- (2) Rockford Fosgate T0D410's

Gear I need??

Rears- Should I even bother? I didnt in the H3 but its much smaller and I rarely have passengers. There wont be a lot of rear seat passengers in here but I dont want them to suffer if we go on a long road trip and are watching a movie or something.

Amps- Currently own Audison LRx 2.9 and 1.1k. Was planning on using these but maybe would like to try a brand I've never dealt with. So I listed these for sale. But we will see what happens. What do you suggest?!?

Processor- I have an Alpine H701 in my H3 and have always loved this piece, do I pick up another one of these? or move forward with something different?

Any and all input appreciated, THANKS!!! :D

OH! and heres a pic of the project

·
Registered
317 Posts
in a SUV rear fill is a tough call. if you do it make it small. no need to have your ears watching a tennis match with to much rear fill.

NEUMAN

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so i'm thinkin the Audio System X-Ion series amps. Any input? I LOVE the industrial look of these and have heard they are a great product. Do you guys no much about these amps in particular?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
i'd def do rares, if you dont want them, put a switch on em ;) turn em on for the road trips.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,365 Posts
i'd def do rares, if you dont want them, put a switch on em ;) turn em on for the road trips.
You misspelled rears...

To th OP I personally would put the rear speakers into play ONLY when using the DVD player and then go with a surround sound type setup for the rear seat passengers, comps in the rear doors and coax's in the lift gate.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks i will prob do the rears. But the amps is really what i want the input on. Mosconi? Audio System? Something I've maybe not thought of?

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,365 Posts
ok thanks i will prob do the rears. But the amps is really what i want the input on. Mosconi? Audio System? Something I've maybe not thought of?
Mosconi and Audio System are owned by the same company, Orca. Its like a Zapco CK vs Zapco Ref is how it was explained to me. If you want something different that is versitile try out a Zed Leviathan 6ch or a Zuki. Both are tanks, built well and are flexible. If you can find some of the older Image Dynamics Q series amps they are great pieces as well, in fact I dont think that one was ever returned for repair, or at least that is the story.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mosconi and Audio System are owned by the same company, Orca. Its like a Zapco CK vs Zapco Ref is how it was explained to me. If you want something different that is versitile try out a Zed Leviathan 6ch or a Zuki. Both are tanks, built well and are flexible. If you can find some of the older Image Dynamics Q series amps they are great pieces as well, in fact I dont think that one was ever returned for repair, or at least that is the story.
Thanks for the input! But FYI orca does not own either company. They are simply the US distributor for them...

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
ZED amps are beautiful works of art, i plan on a Leviathan II for my build. its an incredible amp! just ungodly beastly.

if you wanan order one, their not to many used ones floating around, i believe he makes a few and does the rest on order. if you wanna order, talk to audioanamoly, he knows the guy who makes them and distributes them for him. he's helping me with my order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts