DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the AF Enthusiast FaceBBok page where I dared to mention the quality control issues they have with their product...as you can imagine it didn't take long for a fan-boy to start giving me $hit.

So after defending my position with some examples to one of AF 'Dealers' it would seem I got banned from the FB Group...

...Well FU too AudioFrog...if you and you nut-huggers can't stand the truth and would rather block folks from hearing it...then I don't want your products.

Stay tuned for used AF products on the cheap.

Fk AF.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’ve heard great things and I appreciate what Andy has done for the community over the years (the MS-8 thread alone is amazing). But I have no personal experience and it sounds like you’re pretty frustrated with them.

I’m probably interested in the GS690s so let me know if you do sell them.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Who was the dealer on FB? Is the FB enthusiasts group run by Andy or is he a member of the group? I would take the QC issue up directly with Andy himself- he is responsive and I'm sure would take care of whatever issue you have. It's tough to hold AudioFrog responsible for what other people say in an AF fans group or one rogue dealer. Go direct to them man himself :)

@GotFrogs

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It sucks that some folks can't accept that their favorite brand isn't perfect. And even worse would ban someone for their opinion not aligning with theirs. Personally, I really appreciate Andy's audio-related informative posts, but anything from him beyond that is extremely politically-biased and pretty off-putting. I don't let his politics get in the way of enjoying the speakers I've purchased.

If you do go through with the selloff, I'd be interested in the GB2510 Crossovers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is I din't go on the FB page to post a bunch of flame...someone else had posted a video of a GB12 making a ticking noise as the cone moved...and I chimed in that AF stuff sounds great but has some QC issues...I them listed my experiences with different AF products...and I have spent thousands of $$ on their stuff...t\That was enough to set off the nut-huggers.

Anyways...I did talk to Andy and as always he's the man.

I'll likely take down this thread as I'll admit it was a result of anger.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
i think you failed to mention that Andy is replacing your speakers for FREE, no questions asked. When did you buy them? I'm guessing they are out of warranty?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
nstaln said:
Anyways...I did talk to Andy and as always he's the man.

I'll likely take down this thread as I'll admit it was a result of anger.
Is he taking care of you? Andy has great support for his products. Glad you reached out to him :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Andy is taking care of the speakers.

The post was never about the speakers...it was my (over) reaction to one of the dealers in the AF FB Group. I mentioned some QC issues and he basically called me a liar and said it was user abuse...That didn't sit well with me so I responded. While in our back-and-forth someone deleted the thread. I thought I had gotten bounced because I was hassling a dealer so I started my own post in the group. After chatting with Andy and a few others in the thread I realized I was being just as big a D-bag as the guy I was engaging with...so I deleted the thread.

It wasn't about the speakers...but Andy being a class-act offered to replace them...and yes they are VERY out of warranty.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What was the name of the dealer if you dont mind me asking?

And ues Captainobvious that page was started by Andy ... I have had very little experience with AF and Andy so far and I have been blown away by the customer service and how far Andy goes out of his way to even help with used second hand sales...

I did have an issue with a dealer that wound up not actualy being a legitimate dealer in the long run tho... curious if maybe it's the same guy you delt with.

Any time you want anything AF go through Jerry on this form... great guy, great prices... he's a legit dealer (only AF dealer on here) and was great to deal with...

Hope all works out for you...

·
Premium Member
4,520 Posts

The post was never about the speakers...it was my (over) reaction to one of the dealers in the AF FB Group. I mentioned some QC issues and he basically called me a liar and said it was user abuse...That didn't sit well with me so I responded. While in our back-and-forth someone deleted the thread. I thought I had gotten bounced because I was hassling a dealer so I started my own post in the group. After chatting with Andy and a few others in the thread I realized I was being just as big a D-bag as the guy I was engaging with...so I deleted the thread.

It wasn't about the speakers...but Andy being a class-act offered to replace them...and yes they are VERY out of warranty.
^That^ Is a refreshingly mature post.
You sir have my respect.

·
ROCKY TOP
1,716 Posts

^^^^NEWS FLASH NEWS FLASH^^^^ SOMEONE WITH SOME ACTUAL MATURITY! THAT IS UNCOMMON AROUND THESE PARTS LATELY!! THANKS FOR ADMITTING BEING WRONG AS WELL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
i think you failed to mention that Andy is replacing your speakers for FREE, no questions asked. When did you buy them? I'm guessing they are out of warranty?
Wow I am seriously going to buy some AF after reading this, that’s pretty cool they are replacing them for free. Not many companies that will do that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was just on the AF Enthusiast FaceBBok page where I dared to mention the quality control issues they have with their product...as you can imagine it didn't take long for a fan-boy to start giving me $hit.

So after defending my position with some examples to one of AF 'Dealers' it would seem I got banned from the FB Group...

...Well FU too AudioFrog...if you and you nut-huggers can't stand the truth and would rather block folks from hearing it...then I don't want your products.

Stay tuned for used AF products on the cheap.

Fk AF.
glad you recognized what you did was out of anger. Looks like we all do that at times. AF is as too notch as they come though. Andy will always stand by his product.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts