DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Still too much of the "pinball" look for me......but I like the bluetooth features......

I just wish Eclipse would do bluetooth features, but incorporate the dash matching features that Clarion has, then we'd have perfect H/U's..... :D

And why oh why have they not incorporated all of the E-iserv features into those 2 DIN AVX units like the new AVN5000?

We need to start a thread where we all design what features the "perfect" H/U would have.......

·
Registered
578 Posts
Gayclipse also needs to work on their cust support & QC... 2 HU with turn on\offs issues & Amps sent to repairs x2 for the same prob (not fixed the 1st time) has shaken my confidence in them... Heck any brand rattles my pockets that way & I would loose confidence just as well...

I would probably still have confidence in them had it not been for their lack of support.

If you have had better experience with them... consider yourself fortunate.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
racerraul said:
If those knobs double as Joystick type controls... that really sux...
Why? They are stupid easy to use. I love it.

I'd take the 7800 in a heartbeat over any other headunit on the market.

TIA

-aaron

·
Registered
578 Posts
Because I can't stand trying to do something simple (like turn up the volume) & hit the next track by mistake...

Been there with old school Clarions & the current Kenwood HU's...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
racerraul said:
Because I can't stand trying to do something simple (like turn up the volume) & hit the next track by mistake...

Been there with old school Clarions & the current Kenwood HU's...
Weren't you the one who told me you used remotes? :p

On my girlfriends 8600 you have to physically touch the joystick to the side to use the other functions, and resistance is pretty good. It's not the kind of thing where youre going to bump into a menu on accident if you're adjusting the volume and go over a pothole.

On my Alpine it's very easy to blip a button twice on addicent if you're going over a bump, and then you have to cycle through the hole menu again to get back where you were.

I guess YRMV *shruggles the cat*

-aaron

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well if they are included... I use them... And in Alpines case it simplified the Menu Cycle.
If you like the joystick design... then its a plus for you... Plus the added resistance feature to differentiate by touch one adjustment from the other sounds like a good idea (not available in past Clarion & current Kenwood HU's)

However, from past personal experience... I can't stand them...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts