DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

TD5X 5 channel Class D amplifier from Earthquake. $399

Bundle with Discounted Speakers & Subwoofer - save $$$. FREE Shipping.

Details here on the Earthquake TD5X 5 channel amplifier.

CALL 424-230-2620 or TXT 424-230-2925

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that's what the manufacturer says :)

I'll be testing it in the next few weeks or so...

it will be interesting to see what it can do right. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wanna deal? send PM

If u want to go Earthquake all out I'll make a good package :)

Then you can tell everyone how good it is (or not)...:p

PS: delay in testing plan... Sorry guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking for a 5 channel amp to replace my separates in my SUV. Moving those separates (4Ch amp and Mono sub amp) into my smaller Eclipse. Not looking for anything fancy or something that would break the bank. Since I have first found info of the TD5X here, it is just fitting that I would let you know about my first impressions, as follows:
1. nice solid construction
2. low profile, enough to fit underneath the hidden cargo tray
3. tried to use the remote wire set-up as specified in the manual (unconventional: remote to battery wire ), it took a looong time, at least two minutes, to detect the signal to turn on the amp. Signal is detected through the pre-out (RCA) of the receiver.
4. amp turns on quickly when remote is wired conventionally (remote wire from receiver to amp).
5. was on a 2-hour trip, amp did not get hot
6. i have Polk 6.5in components up front, Polk 6.5's rear and a 10in kicker subs. these speakers now have the power they needed. they sing more beautifully, however, I must note that the highs are not yet as refined. Perhaps the amp needs more run-in.
7. need to adjust gain properly to get full potential.
8.. customer service was tops. answers all my questions promptly.

For the price I paid and the customer service experience I received, I guess I am satisfied. Like what I said, not looking for anything fancy or high end, but this sure is a good amp.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks KRAM2011 for such great review.

DIYMA member discount for TD5X 5 channel class D amp: $350 shipped anywhere in continental US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts