DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I hope that I'm wrong - but I suspect that you will come to find out why going with a reputable brand is worth it. You'll probably get beta-quality software - with limited functionality and very few, if any, future software updates.

There is a reason why devices like the Helix DSP's are so well regarded - and why they are not cheap.

Sometimes, it's worth it to pay more $$$ in order to reduce the frustration level with no-name devices like this.

Hate to be a "downer", but... Hell, even actually getting devices like this is a frustrating experience (as you found out with the previous attempt). :)

That said, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope that I'm wrong - but I suspect that you will come to find out why going with a reputable brand is worth it. You'll probably get beta-quality software - with limited functionality and very few, if any, future software updates.

There is a reason why devices like the Helix DSP's are so well regarded - and why they are not cheap.

Sometimes, it's worth it to pay more $$$ in order to reduce the frustration level with no-name devices like this.

Hate to be a "downer", but... Hell, even actually getting devices like this is a frustrating experience (as you found out with the previous attempt). :)

That said, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
I understand I'm not getting Helix quality but Im ok with that. Check out my System from 1999.
I know high end believe me and have spent big money in the past. That mid/high amplifier you see pictured is you guessed it Helix! I was the first to import a Helix amplifier to California and boast and brag about it. My mono amp? Mmats D200HC. Eq? Zapco SEQ which is worth thousands on Ebay today, Subwoofers? Eclipse 15" aluminums. Mids highs? Diamond Audio Hex German made speakers in custom kick panels. Deck? Nakamichi with external Dac and 5 disc changer.
I am trying new gear as most everything seems to be made in China including the JL HD amplifier I just sold on this forum. Trying to save money like the folks here buying brands like dayton and such thats all. I understand I might not get the reliability and customer service updates etc but not worried as it seems like a solid piece of hardware for the money.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Could be a budget gem or a budget bust. I will withhold my judgement until someone uses it and gives some reviews. Since this looks like one of those Chinese build house deals has anyone tried to cross reference to see if this or similar is being used by any other company?

·
Registered
401 Posts
The only other dsp I would give a shot to over helix is the eton 7.1 stealth:

And the only reason why I’d even consider it is because it won best product at EISA for 2021.

My experience with other dsp’s is that either their software is crap and you’ll have tons of problems, or it’s real basic and you’ll miss out on all the tuning that a helix allows for.

Nevertheless, please post a review nakamichifan as soon as you can -it would be great to see some competition out there.

Reactions: Nakamichifan

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
So is all the tuning done through the remote or do you have options like Bluetooth through the phone?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts