DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Loved my Type-R’s in my last build! If the Infinity’s don’t work out on this new build I’ll either go back to the R’s or might try the Type-X.
That is all I hear about these tweeters, nothing but good results! I needed something in my system with the old trusted Alpine name!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Those should sound good, ive used the alpine SPR-10TW and the Alpine SPX and they were both pretty sweet for their price... ive never heard the morels but morel usually makes smooth sounding tweets so im sure their dome mids are as well...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Interested to see how you get on with those mids as well as the dsp/amp.

Aren't they hard domes, not soft domes or am I confused!? Do they need to breathe? And how far do they stick out from the baffle?

I'm full of questions this morning!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Interested to see how you get on with those mids as well as the dsp/amp.

Aren't they hard domes, not soft domes or am I confused!? Do they need to breathe? And how far do they stick out from the baffle?

I'm full of questions this morning!
Correction- they are hard domes. Aluminum formed with a mounting depth of just . 37"

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

Mids mounted. Had to remove factory grill to mount but left a void. Mounting behind factory grill was going to take some modifying to interior panel. Any ideas on how I can fill that void?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Yes, a solution to modify interior panel and mount without Morel grills and use factory grills. Didn't suggest anything to fill that void. Problem is I'm running short on funds for this project and can't invest in custom work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don’t let the nationalists fool you. When it comes to chips for flagship smart phones, self driving cars and some of the most ingenious efficient industry production on the planet... China is years ahead of America. Chinese tech is such a massive industry that any idiot can do it. That’s where junk comes from. But it’s also where the most advanced chips in the world come from. Chinese people need money too. But a 10 channel amp and processor combo is looooong overdue. The audio industry hasn’t changed much in the last 5 years. What an exciting machine!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Yes, a solution to modify interior panel . Problem is Im running short on funds for this project and can't invest in custom work.
Is depth the issue? It’s hard to tell from the pictures but I’d think they could modify the panel slightly, move the speaker a little to the right and avoid blocking the screw hole and pop it back together. I’m sure custom work add’s up quick.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Don’t let the nationalists fool you. When it comes to chips for flagship smart phones, self driving cars and some of the most ingenious efficient industry production on the planet... China is years ahead of America. Chinese tech is such a massive industry that any idiot can do it. That’s where junk comes from. But it’s also where the most advanced chips in the world come from. Chinese people need money too. But a 10 channel amp and processor combo is looooong overdue. The audio industry hasn’t changed much in the last 5 years. What an exciting machine!
There are zero well built DSP's made in the USA. If any.. So yeah.. not sure what that means

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are zero well built DSP's made in the USA. If any.. So yeah.. not sure what that means
Even American designed or branded.. hard to be specific when it’s all manufactured overseas but I’m just trying to mention the fact that when it comes to niche electronic industries like car audio, vaping, or alarm clocks the Chinese really excel in ingenuity

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Is depth the issue? It’s hard to tell from the pictures but I’d think they could modify the panel slightly, move the speaker a little to the right and avoid blocking the screw hole and pop it back together. I’m sure custom work add’s up quick.
Depth is certainly the issue. Don't know if that would work.
Here is a pic of the factory grill to give you a better idea.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Designed in USA maybe. I think he is trying to credit the Chinese for raising the bar a bit with this unit. Its not a straight clone of another so to speak.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Even American designed or branded.. hard to be specific when it’s all manufactured overseas but I’m just trying to mention the fact that when it comes to niche electronic industries like car audio, vaping, or alarm clocks the Chinese really excel in ingenuity
Check out Aliexpress.com for all the new crazy gadgets and ideas they come up with! 😁

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Designed in USA maybe. I think he is trying to credit the Chinese for raising the bar a bit with this unit. Its not a straight clone of another so to speak.

Yeah we shall see... i know multiple other units on AliExpress that are clones of Alpines in the hardware and software.. but this one as far as i can tell is unique.. I hope it works well i really like the idea of class A/B for midranges/tweets and D for midbass

61 - 80 of 108 Posts