DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Staying tuned.

I've been intrigued by these things on Wish and Ali. Looks like your expectations are realistic - so it should be fun. That's what it's all about.

To me - this is the same as my taking two-for-one deals on MTX Road Thunder 2 cheapo subs at local shop in the early 90s, doing them in isobaric combinations and learning different enclosure types to make them punch past their low class and surprise people - and that was fun AND something to be proud of.

I can see the same possibility here - taking decent gear like you have, tuning around any shortcomings, and getting to 9/10ths of a system costing triple.

And that will be something to be proud of. Good luck!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Staying tuned.

I've been intrigued by these things on Wish and Ali. Looks like your expectations are realistic - so it should be fun. That's what it's all about.

To me - this is the same as my taking two-for-one deals on MTX Road Thunder 2 cheapo subs at local shop in the early 90s, doing them in isobaric combinations and learning different enclosure types to make them punch past their low class and surprise people - and that was fun AND something to be proud of.

I can see the same possibility here - taking decent gear like you have, tuning around any shortcomings, and getting to 9/10ths of a system costing triple.

And that will be something to be proud of. Good luck!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
That is exactly what I'm aiming and shooting for! 😉

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Get some grille cloth the same color as the speaker grille cloth, cut it the shape of that missing section, and just glue it in the spot lol. Can’t think of anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought of that but I decided will probably fill in with fine wood. Not urgent now though. I need tunes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
[CYTAT="Nakamichifan, post: 5949939, członek: 194866"]
Witamy na pokładzie! Przejrzę to, gdy wszystko będzie gotowe.
[/CYTAT]
ok czekam :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Update: Monoblock and new speakers installed. Custom black acrylic cover with vents to be made with Gold Lexus logo to cover the opening. Just need to connect speaker leads to amps and bust out the laptop and calibration gear ! Unfortunately my next appointment is not scheduled till next Wednesday.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Also....if these did turn out to be any good they are on Alibaba for like $276 each if you buy 50 or more.... Or $335 for 10-50 so possibilty for a group buy although I'd like to see some videos of it functioning and maybe some testing of the amps and so on to help vouch for it, it looks really cool though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Come on! Tell us if it’s working. Are you having problems and you don’t want to admit it?? Lol 😂 jk but really…?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Come on! Tell us if it’s working. Are you having problems and you don’t want to admit it?? Lol 😂 jk but really…?
I will admit it is not fully wired. I have a scheduled appointment on Wednesday to connect speaker leads and to Fire it all up. Process been slow since my installer has had limited time to work on it. Full installs do take time. You will be first to know how sweet it sounds!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts