DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
101 - 120 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
View attachment 306546
Mids mounted. Had to remove factory grill to mount but left a void. Mounting behind factory grill was going to take some modifying to interior panel. Any ideas on how I can fill that void?

Depth is certainly the issue. Don't know if that would work. View attachment 306553 Here is a pic of the factory grill to give you a better idea.
1) Remove Morel grille and use a spacer behind Mark Levinson grille or
2) Remove Morel mid. Use the Mark Levinson grille to make a 1/8" plexiglass baffle (black plexi?). Reinstall Morel mid.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
1) Remove Morel grille and use a spacer behind Mark Levinson grille or
2) Remove Morel mid. Use the Mark Levinson grille to make a 1/8" plexiglass baffle (black plexi?). Reinstall Morel mid.
Excellent ideas for sure! Never thought about plexi. Black would look sharp!

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Update: No sound yet. Amp powers on but no Signal.
That has to be frustrating.

Staying tuned. Really want to see this work - hoping it's not just "crap" or "totally defective".

To be fair, that kind of behavior seems more like a protect circuit than a defect. A defect would more likely impact just one channel, or you'd at least get some noise.

I'd start by metering the leads one by one at the amp (disconnected) to be sure of my loads. Then I'd use a test speaker or just connect the simplest (single speaker - no passive Xover in line, etc) and power it up. See if you can get sound from 1 channel first.
Maybe connect the other, then in pairs from there - would help isolate the cause of the issue.

Fingers crossed it's just a remote wire, or maybe the controller not plugged in, or initial setup - something non-defect related.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
I assume its something simple. Will keep everyone posted. Not giving up so fast.
Are you connected through rca? ML systems are all digital, so I hope it’s not connected high level. I would check the input signal first.

That said, the dsp screen looks pretty intuitive. Kind of like zapco’s. Hopefully it’s as solid too.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Are you connected through rca? ML systems are all digital, so I hope it’s not connected high level. I would check the input signal first.

That said, the dsp screen looks pretty intuitive. Kind of like zapco’s. Hopefully it’s as solid too.
Negative, I'm using Optical from Android head unit. Still communicating with manufacturer but is difficult I must say with language barrier.

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's true.
It's possible that it defaults to taking signal by RCA, and your maybe have to turn on the optical input?
Or maybe its more fundamental - since you havent configured it yet, you haven't mapped any inputs to any outputs?
Maybe by default all the outputs are muted?
I'm just rattling off "things some DSPs can do", that maybe yours does.

It's a cheap DSP, they might not have thought through the defaults.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Negative, I'm using Optical from Android head unit. Still communicating with manufacturer but is difficult I must say with language barrier.
Have you installed the tuning application on your pc? If you have, then did you change the "Low Priority" drop down box to "Opt" for optical? If not, you will not get any sound.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Had this issue with the JBL 4086, had to install a driver that was included in the download folder. I'm guessing you've already check for this but worth double checking.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Had this issue with the JBL 4086, had to install a driver that was included in the download folder. I'm guessing you've already check for this but worth double checking.
That is what I figured. Im not computer literate so still a mystery to me. I did not see any other folder. Just an. exe file for Software. Manufacturer actually recommended I try a different USB cable but I am sure that is not the issue.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You may find the driver in the installed directory that the exe installed to. When you plug it into your laptop does it register the new device? If you go to your device manager does it show an exclamation point on any device after you connect the dsp?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
You may find the driver in the installed directory that the exe installed to. When you plug it into your laptop does it register the new device? If you go to your device manager does it show an exclamation point on any device after you connect the dsp?
I will check. thank you

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ok I downloaded the app on the wife’s surface and it doesn’t really install anything. I would suggest trying to connect via Bluetooth and then point the tuning software to that device as a starting point if the usb isn’t working.

also I’m not sure if you noticed the drop down at the top that lets you select usb or Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
This happens with a lot of products believe it or not. If ur not careful to insert the disc and install the drivers/software PRIOR to plugging the USB to ur laptop from the product….it could cause issues.

I’d try a completely different laptop…..insert the disc and install all the software.

THEN connect the USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 181 Posts