DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Also judging by the software it defaults to the low level rca inputs.

The WeChat Widget is the mobile phone app for it if you’d be more comfortable there. Would just connect via Bluetooth to the phone. According to the manual it should be broadcasting Bluetooth by default so if you just go to add a device it should show up. It’s not clear if the pc software will communicate through Bluetooth or not…..

From what I see in the manual, to connect it on the PC you just hook it up after installing the drivers that are on the USB drive and then select from the little drop-down menu next to the disconnect button the proper device. I want to see Bluetooth shown as a high-level input source but I’ve only glanced over the manual a little bit so far.

Honestly considering where this is from the software and the manual look really good it’s not bad lol so I have high hopes, I may order one and just play with as well, but it sure would be nice to know that it at least works and sounds halfway decent.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Ok I downloaded the app on the wife’s surface and it doesn’t really install anything. I would suggest trying to connect via Bluetooth and then point the tuning software to that device as a starting point if the usb isn’t working.

also I’m not sure if you noticed the drop down at the top that lets you select usb or Bluetooth.
Ok will do.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Also judging by the software it defaults to the low level rca inputs.

The WeChat Widget is the mobile phone app for it if you’d be more comfortable there. Would just connect via Bluetooth to the phone. According to the manual it should be broadcasting Bluetooth by default so if you just go to add a device it should show up. It’s not clear if the pc software will communicate through Bluetooth or not…..

From what I see in the manual, to connect it on the PC you just hook it up after installing the drivers that are on the USB drive and then select from the little drop-down menu next to the disconnect button the proper device. I want to see Bluetooth shown as a high-level input source but I’ve only glanced over the manual a little bit so far.

Honestly considering where this is from the software and the manual look really good it’s not bad lol so I have high hopes, I may order one and just play with as well, but it sure would be nice to know that it at least works and sounds halfway decent.
What USB drive? Will try to connect via Bluetooth app. My installer supposedly tried with no luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I am new member here, I also have bought this DSP.. getting here to learn how to install this dsp.. this dsp come with 6 rca input (ch 1 - 6) and 2 rca output (ch 9 - 10).. i am confusing where this ch 1 - 6 routing to? its more easier if the RCA come with 4 input and 8 output.. so I can connect to my amplifier.. i am also very disappointed about the pdf instruction.

·
Registered
324 Posts
It has a built in amplifier, so you're supposed to use the built in amp channels and then channel 9 and 10 are outputs for a sub amp.

You only really need to use w inputs if you don't need to do any channel summing or anything which I don't even think this amp does?

·
Registered
13 Posts
It has a built in amplifier, so you're supposed to use the built in amp channels and then channel 9 and 10 are outputs for a sub amp.

You only really need to use w inputs if you don't need to do any channel summing or anything which I don't even think this amp does?
Thanks for the explanation.. i will install this dsp this week also will share the result.. (if owner of this thread approved it).. can someone share a diagram for the installation. My setup is basic, Android with 4 speaker output (high line) 1 rca out (left right). I own 2pcs 4ch (no brand 🥲🥲) and 1 monoblock..1pcs subwoofer, 4 pcs 6.5 inch, 4 pcs 4.5 inch, 4 pcs tweeter (also no brand 🥲🥲). My aim is tu run 10ch of this dsp..
This Dsp soket harness have 4 speaker input-output (high line) ch 1-4, other socket ch 5 6 input output (high line) (but my android only have 4 output.) Ch 7 8 speaker output ( for sub also can bridging.. i afraid it cannot support my 15inch sub) prefer using monoblok.. thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the explanation.. i will install this dsp this week also will share the result.. (if owner of this thread approved it).. can someone share a diagram for the installation. My setup is basic, Android with 4 speaker output (high line) 1 rca out (left right). I own 2pcs 4ch (no brand 🥲🥲) and 1 monoblock..1pcs subwoofer, 4 pcs 6.5 inch, 4 pcs 4.5 inch, 4 pcs tweeter (also no brand 🥲🥲). My aim is tu run 10ch of this dsp..
This Dsp soket harness have 4 speaker input-output (high line) ch 1-4, other socket ch 5 6 input output (high line) (but my android only have 4 output.) Ch 7 8 speaker output ( for sub also can bridging.. i afraid it cannot support my 15inch sub) prefer using monoblok.. thanks
Hi.. here is my planning to install this dsp (tommorow).. Android 4 Speaker out will connect to the input ch 1 - 4 (high line). RCA out from android will connect to 4 ch Amplifire then connect to CH 5 - 6 (have input and output high line DSP), CH 7 - 8 (output speaker only ), ch 9 - 10 will connect to monoblock... pls correct me if something wrong with this connection...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just to clarify the current state-
Have you tried all the inputs, or are you still trying to figure out how to get the optical input working?

And have you actually mapped the inputs to your output channels in the DSP software? I wouldn't necessarily expect a product like this to have anything "defaulted" - so "no apparent output" might just be a configuration issue inside the software?

I also don't know that particular software so I'm just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sent 2 videos to Manufacturer as requested to help troubleshoot. Hoping to get some answers real soon.
have you tried all of the RCA Inputs etc not just certain inputs? Try Bluetooth? Also try the line out instead of just speaker outputs..

If you are still not getting sound I think it’s software like in/out signal routing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi.. after 3 days of installation, today i sucess make the dsp function.. i am using android head unit 4ch speaker high output convert to low output and 2 ch rca output. so from android i am using 6ch low output to dsp. Result ch 1 - 6 got sound.. ch 7 8 (DSP high level output only) result ch 7 no sound, ch 8 got sound if bridge 7 8 got sound... Ch 9 rca output connect to 4 ch amp using y rca.. got sound.. ch 10 connect to monoblok.. my 15inch sub sound to low cannot shake my car.. i am not satisfied with the performance (especially the bass sound)... my pervious setup mo better than this with 2 parametric, 2 amplifire and 1 monoblok only.. still not touch the pc software, just using android apps..

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi.. after 3 days of installation, today i sucess make the dsp function.. i am using android head unit 4ch speaker high output convert to low output and 2 ch rca output. so from android i am using 6ch low output to dsp. Result ch 1 - 6 got sound.. ch 7 8 (DSP high level output only) result ch 7 no sound, ch 8 got sound if bridge 7 8 got sound... Ch 9 rca output connect to 4 ch amp using y rca.. got sound.. ch 10 connect to monoblok.. my 15inch sub sound to low cannot shake my car.. i am not satisfied with the performance (especially the bass sound)... my pervious setup mo better than this with 2 parametric, 2 amplifire and 1 monoblok only.. still not touch the pc software, just using android apps..
Return lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,196 Posts

If you get it working.. like I mentioned earlier use the two "sub" channels for midbass and use the line out to feed an external subwoofer amplifier...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Read your statement a few times and still unsure of exactly what you did there.
So you’ve connected a few different outputs from your android head unit to the dsp without making any settings on the dsp amp on the software side? Were there enough mechanical switches built into the dsp/amp so that you don’t have to?

And why do you need so many inputs into the dsp/amp?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Read your statement a few times and still unsure of exactly what you did there.
So you’ve connected a few different outputs from your android head unit to the dsp without making any settings on the dsp amp on the software side? Were there enough mechanical switches built into the dsp/amp so that you don’t have to?

And why do you need so many inputs into the dsp/amp?
This is how I connect my Android to DSP.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts