DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
You should only need the 2 channel RCA input really. You just need to select the source for each channel on the DSP software.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You should only need the 2 channel RCA input really. You just need to select the source for each channel on the DSP software.
will try this method also on saturday.. so what purpose this dsp have 6 input.( this is my first time using dsp, still learning). seller have send me are diagram to follow if i'm using rca output.. tq

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
will try this method also on saturday.. so what purpose this dsp have 6 input.( this is my first time using dsp, still learning). seller have send me are diagram to follow if i'm using rca output.. tq
I would connect the single rca output from your Android head unit to your dsp.
Are you using the 8 channel amplifier built into the dsp? I would get rid of the 4 channel amp, connect one speaker to each speaker output of the dsp. Then use the rca output to your subwoofer amp. In the diagram it looks like 2 of the dsp speaker outputs are higher wattage? If they are I’d use them for your midbass up front.
To get the full benefit of the dsp each speaker needs to be hooked up to its own channel

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would connect the single rca output from your Android head unit to your dsp.
Are you using the 8 channel amplifier built into the dsp? I would get rid of the 4 channel amp, connect one speaker to each speaker output of the dsp. Then use the rca output to your subwoofer amp. In the diagram it looks like 2 of the dsp speaker outputs are higher wattage? If they are I’d use them for your midbass up front.
To get the full benefit of the dsp each speaker needs to be hooked up to its own channel
Can u give me an opinion.. if I just connect HU high level connection to dsp.. or rca more better, and for the other channel dsp output Im still dont know how to make it sound if just using 2 input, also still not so fermiliar with the pc software.. because the dsp ch 1 - 6 high level.. have input and output line.. then im thinking if there is ch 1 input then ch 1 dsp is output.. Mr. Dougie085 also have mention to just using 2 ch rca only..actually im trying run 10ch output from dsp. Tq

·
Registered
258 Posts
It would be better to use the low level rca and no high level. The dsp has a built in 8 channel amplifier. It has 2 rca outputs. That makes up your 10 channels of dsp. It does not have 10 channels of rca outputs. The dsp controls all 8 amplified channels and the 2 rca channels. Hook one speaker to one channel of the amplifier in the dsp. Hook the 2 rca outputs to the subwoofer. Do not use your 4 channel amplifier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are some instances where you would want to use more than one input but in most cases it's not needed
Thanks for the explanation.
It would be better to use the low level rca and no high level. The dsp has a built in 8 channel amplifier. It has 2 rca outputs. That makes up your 10 channels of dsp. It does not have 10 channels of rca outputs. The dsp controls all 8 amplified channels and the 2 rca channels. Hook one speaker to one channel of the amplifier in the dsp. Hook the 2 rca outputs to the subwoofer. Do not use your 4 channel amplifier.
as I'm still learning this dsp, I exprience that when connect my phone via bluetooth to DSP all speaker output will function properly even I'm not connect anything from head unit, but when come to Head Unit, sound only hear from which ch I'm connect with (eg. Input ch 1 and 2 will only play in speaker output ch 1 and 2) there is no sound when I connect to ch 3 - 6 (maybe I setting it wrong), its must have some setting in pc software to play with (dont know yet). This weekend will try all method that have been post here with pc software. As for the 4ch I will try to not use it. Will post any progress later.. one of my disappointments is that the subwoofer is not strong enough, maybe this is all from the pc settings.

·
Registered
564 Posts
This was my experience with everything but zapco (software was buggy, but great support) and helix (software was great, never needed support).

Everything else the software was buggy and not supported, or the software was buggy and supported incompetently. Depending on how you value your time, the cost savings of a few hundred bucks quickly evaporates, leaving you with not so much a hard lesson, but a very time consuming learning experience.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yesterday i open the dsp pc software... its have route channel (now i understand) Tq... now I'm in progress (learning) to cutting frequency, learning about db slope, adjust speaker sound level.. all the speaker already function 10 ch.. Ch1 - 2 - Front Full range speaker (2.5), Ch 3 - 4 - Passive 2 Way 6.5 and tweeter, ch 5 - 6 - Rear 4.5, ch 7 - 8 - Rear Passive 6.5 and tweeter, ch 9 - 4.5 inch, ch 10 - monoblock with 15inch subwoofer.. is my arrangement is good for speaker location...

·
Registered
130 Posts
This was my experience with everything but zapco (software was buggy, but great support) and helix (software was great, never needed support).

Everything else the software was buggy and not supported, or the software was buggy and supported incompetently. Depending on how you value your time, the cost savings of a few hundred bucks quickly evaporates, leaving you with not so much a hard lesson, but a very time consuming learning experience.
Yesterday i open the dsp pc software... its have route channel (now i understand) Tq... now I'm in progress (learning) to cutting frequency, learning about db slope, adjust speaker sound level.. all the speaker already function 10 ch.. Ch1 - 2 - Front Full range speaker (2.5), Ch 3 - 4 - Passive 2 Way 6.5 and tweeter, ch 5 - 6 - Rear 4.5, ch 7 - 8 - Rear Passive 6.5 and tweeter, ch 9 - 4.5 inch, ch 10 - monoblock with 15inch subwoofer.. is my arrangement is good for speaker location...
Glad to hear your unit is working fine. Have fun learning how to use the software. This gives us hope that affordable, good quality dsp are just around the corner. Let us know if there are any ground noise or a high noise floor when using the dsp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad to hear your unit is working fine. Have fun learning how to use the software. This gives us hope that affordable, good quality dsp are just around the corner. Let us know if there are any ground noise or a high noise floor when using the dsp.
hi.. after finish doing installation I counter 2 noise. that is from RCA input (ch 5 - 6 only) ( this Saturday I will remove this input and just using 2 ch then using route output to divide the ch). this problem solve with rca noise filter (working for me)... then I counter alternator whine in my tweeter.. after take many hour to find the culprit.... I add power filter form head unit.. then my problem is solve also.. felling so happy lastly.. i am using old car (20 years).. But I find are weakness that this dsp doesn't have airflow.. seem hot.. I think its must have an airflow...

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
This is an 8 channel amplifier as well. Not interested in a stand alone DSP. All in one units are the ticket!
Oops, that slipped right by me!

Reactions: Nakamichifan

·
Registered
13 Posts
in my opinion DSP built in with amplifier just good inside car... but if want to impress friend from outside.. additional amp is needed..

·
Registered
259 Posts
[

Once again Do not get this confused with a Stand alone DSP. 8 channels of amplification is what Dayton and MiniDSP are lacking. Lol
Not MiniDsp. They have this now but it's about twice the price. Oh, and it has Dirac Live.

Reactions: Nakamichifan
141 - 160 of 181 Posts