DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
View attachment 309504 Acc start is all I need to wire up to make this thing come alive!
The amp has a switched ignition wire - AND a remote turn on wire? I'm not seeing it marked but there must be one. Or maybe that's what they are intending to use for one? It's not blue, but a remote wire is a type of switched wire.
Interesting.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
So is there sound?
This thread"s silence is all the answer we need. If the product was a success the op would have been the first one to let us know. I had high hopes for this unit to succeed. Not because I am interested in this particular unit but the 4 channel DSP/amp combo that is selling for $190. In my opinion, the built in amp is only powerful enough to run tweeters and midranges. Many midbass will sound better with more wattage than what these amps are providing, including name brands like Jl and Helix. Eventually users will realize they need to add an extra amp anyways to run their midbass to their full potential

·
Registered
448 Posts
there were these amps, around $200, not 8ch though, these were 4ch with DSP.... do not know fit hey are good or not, but the jensen's did rated power according to the internet.

https ://poweracoustik.com/product/rz4-2000dspb/

• 6dB - 48dB crossover slopes on ea ch.
  • 20Hz-20kHz freq rang for crossovers
  • HPF,LPF,BPF for ea ch.
  • 10 band eq on ea ch.
  • Time delay on each ch. in 0.5mS steps, up to 20mS
  • Phase adjustability on ea ch.
  • Bluethooth control of DSP features.

https ://jensenmobile.com/xda94rb.html

·
Registered
144 Posts
there were these amps, around $200, not 8ch though, these were 4ch with DSP.... do not know fit hey are good or not, but the jensen's did rated power according to the internet.

https ://poweracoustik.com/product/rz4-2000dspb/

• 6dB - 48dB crossover slopes on ea ch.
  • 20Hz-20kHz freq rang for crossovers
  • HPF,LPF,BPF for ea ch.
  • 10 band eq on ea ch.
  • Time delay on each ch. in 0.5mS steps, up to 20mS
  • Phase adjustability on ea ch.
  • Bluethooth control of DSP features.

https ://jensenmobile.com/xda94rb.html
There was a thread about the power acoustic. However, like this thread, it went silent. Several people bought it and said they will report back on the results. The thread has gone silent for months. That is your answer in regards to the quality and results. I may bite the the bullet and buy the $190 4 channel DSP/amp and see if the software or noise floor is horrendous.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My motto: buy once and never look back.

Experimenting is cool but at some point u just wanna install something that gets the job done, and move on to something else lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People on this forum don't just buy once and don't look back. I bought your JL Audio xd 800/8. That's a pretty nice amp but you sold it and replaced it with something else. I see the Helix dsp being sold on here often enough to know that the upgrade bug will eventually bite you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
that was my thread! :)
and yes you're totally right.

There was a thread about the power acoustic. However, like this thread, it went silent. Several people bought it and said they will report back on the results. The thread has gone silent for months. That is your answer in regards to the quality and results. I may bite the the bullet and buy the $190 4 channel DSP/amp and see if the software or noise floor is horrendous.

·
Registered
252 Posts
MOD: DELETED, your post

feel free to re-post WITHOUT the name calling...!
I'm just curious if it works.

I didn't see the post that was deleted - but I'd also be critical of all the other's commentary that's based on assumption - and that assumption itself that's literally from a lack of information.

We have a LOT of problems in the world today caused by people who make assumptions that have no facts behind them, and then when the facts come out - people prefer to believe the imagined version.

I suspect the same will happen here-

Maybe the OP caught Covid, had a work trip, had to make an appointment at a busy local shop... Or two.
Even if it turns out all that's wrong was "bad Chinglish instructions", there will still be lots of people who will absolutely never believe that this thing could even possibly work just fine.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
The OP has not been on the site for 9 days now, hopefully it's due to him getting his (budget) Chinese DSP Amp working and he is out driving and listening to music, too busy to check in...!

·
Registered
341 Posts
To me it seemed like his issues had little to do with the hardware and everything to do with lack of knowledge on how to use it? Which is fine, I'm just pointing out that I wouldn't put your decision on this one case lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Update Op not on the DIY site for 14 days...

Reactions: Myface

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
This makes me sad. Spent half my lunch break reading this thread today...was hoping for a miracle.
Hmm, Chinese made, no name brand 8-channel DSP Amp...what could go wrong?

161 - 180 of 181 Posts