DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Wow it’s really coming! Would you rather have the new p6 and the alpine 3 way, or that alpine amp and the alpine 3 way - but for $1000 more?

The amp does look like fun though with all those channels. If Dolby atmos ever takes off, it might actually be a good idea to shell out 2k+ to have all those channels in one unit.
Either way, I’m glad it’s coming to America, new exotic options are always welcome.

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
4,905 Posts
Did I read that right. 12 amplified channels plus 10 processed RCA preamp output channels?

· Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I think it's higher priced than the Helix 12-Channel DSP Amp and probably more than the upcoming Audison 12-channel DSP Amp...

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Product highlights:
  • 12-channel car amplifier with digital processing
    • 50 watts RMS x 8 + 80 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
    • 50 watts RMS x 8 + 160 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
  • Class D amp technology
    • 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio, 0.01% distortion
    • frequency response: 20-40,000 Hz
  • digital signal processing (192 KHz, 32-bit sampling rate)
    • adjustments and settings made via Alpine's HDP DSP tuning app on your laptop or PC and mobile tuning app on your compatible Bluetooth device
    • 31-band parametric and graphic EQ
    • high- and low-pass filters with selectable filter type, crossover point, and slope
    • phase and delay adjustment controls
    • 6 sound effects presets
More info:
  • 10-channel processed RCA preamp outputs
  • matrix mixing assignable inputs:
    • 12-channel high-level harness (handles up to 18Vrms)
    • 2-channel RCA
    • coaxial and optical digital
    • Bluetooth streaming (receiver/dongle included)
  • wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
    • 4-gauge power and ground wires recommended
  • fuse rating: 30A x 2
  • dimensions: 11"W x 2-5/16"H x 10-1/8"D
  • warranty: 1 year
  • Our 60-day money-back guarantee
  • MFR # HDP-D90

Features & specs
��
Features
Performance
RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)50 x 8
80 x 4
Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)---
Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)---
Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)160 x 2
Minimum Impedance Bridged4
Minimum Impedance Unbridged4
Minimum Impedance4
Best Frequency Response---
THD at Rated RMS Power---
Signal to Noise Ratio---
Input Voltage---
Amplifier ClassD
Low-Pass Crossover Frequency---
Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)---
High-Pass Crossover Frequency---
High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)---
Bass Boost---
Bass Boost Frequency---
Fan Cooled---
Fuse Rating60
Speaker Level InputsYes
Preamp Outputs6 pair
Width (inches)11
Height (inches)2-5/16
Depth (inches)10-1/8
Parts Warranty1 Year
Labor Warranty1 Year

· Super Moderator
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi
2,909 Posts
50 x 8 and 160 x 2 = 3 Way Front + 2 Way Center + Rear Fill

Sounds pretty sweet (all but the price) if the output is as clean as Helix or Audison - [setting up eBay search]...:geek:

Reactions: Granite

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Unless you're trying to save space with an Amp/DSP combo, I think the multiple unit approach looks better, all be it more expensive. Plus you get more flexibility and less likely the whole system is lost with a hardware failure. I wish I could have fit two 4 channels and two monoblocks but went with two 5 channel amps instead.

Side note:
Does anyone else make a unit like this to bypass the factory radio, like a hardwired, mountable DAP? No need for the amp or integration features.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500HDS990/Alpine-HDS-990.html

· Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
4,905 Posts
I'd still rather have the new P6 ultimate paired with a P2. And 2 separate bass amps sundown salts or MMATS. P6 for mids, tweets, 2 way centre, P2 to the midbasses, front sub, and rear sub. I really like the Helix software. I don't need 12 amped channels and 10 preamp outs. 🤷🏽

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Unless you're trying to save space with an Amp/DSP combo, I think the multiple unit approach looks better, all be it more expensive. Plus you get more flexibility and less likely the whole system is lost with a hardware failure. I wish I could have fit two 4 channels and two monoblocks but went with two 5 channel amps instead.

Side note:
Does anyone else make a unit like this to bypass the factory radio, like a hardwired, mountable DAP? No need for the amp or integration features.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500HDS990/Alpine-HDS-990.html
No clue but that head unit might actually be worth the $1399 price tag. It has a 4 x 25w amp, 3 usb inputs, 4 high level out, and 6 rca out. And it plays every file and format of audio I could think of including bluetooth. Didn’t see a Wi-Fi connections but with 3 USB ports your wouldn’t need one.

· Registered
454 Posts
regarding the head unit, what would you do if you’re already running a system? Mount that panel somewhere and send it’s rcas to your current dsp, then operate it as another dsp input? So In my case I’d have my kenwood as main and that as another. Then mount that box somewhere out of the way?

· Registered
454 Posts
6 rca outputs, :unsure:
my dsp has 8 in and 8 out and I’m using 6 inputs now, no digital output, and the thing is called a “commander” :cautious:
:LOL:
no thank you

· Registered
454 Posts
So check this out and I wonder why that says hds 900 but this part is hds 990
Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

· Registered
454 Posts
thats a typo and this is the output? (Circled in red)
Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Software

or you have optical on a dongle?
I dunno.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
HDP-d90 - amp - has the specs which dumdum was talking about
HDS-990 - head unit

· Registered
454 Posts
I was talking about the head unit after your post earlier.
but yeah there’s some typo stuff happening
something doesn’t look right :unsure:

· Registered
4,716 Posts
The hds 990 also specifies coax and optical outputs…

I would hazard a guess that the coax at least goes direct from the dap itself and not the hu, like fiio and a&k do (I think this is an a&k dap anyway…)

· Registered
293 Posts
OK, someone help me determine how the 12 channel amp/DPS would work with the factory 19 channel Harmon Kardon system in my TRX. The factory amp does some crazy things with sounds throughout the car. Like collision warning sounds, message notification sounds and things like that. I believe that I read somewhere that I would select 12 channels(high/speaker level) out of the factory amp directly into this amps high level inputs. What is the wattage conversion to voltage as the unit says "12-channel high-level harness (handles up to 18Vrms)"? Then I could just run 3-way fronts 2-way center and coax rears in the door and leave the to high rear channels off. By doing so am I to believe that the factory head and system would work as if nothing has been changed or will I need to add something else to the system for this to be the case?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.