DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per Alpine's website, I know not great pics... but I have the F1 Status Dealer training CD, and trust me they look very much alike...

Now the drivers at madisound...

Scanspeak R2904/7000-05 3.9 ohm znom only $450

"Scan-Speak Ring Radiator Tweeter with phase plug, 104mm round flange"

Scanspeak 15M/4531K Midrange 3.5 ohm znom only $ 219.00

·
Registered
530 Posts
ya alpine in -denmark- makes the best, most expensive car audio speakers in the world !!! no matter the cost at least they are putting a quality product out there and realize the diff.!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
yup same driver, the highly reguarded revelators! the alpine versions have material improvements so that the drivers can deal with the mobile environment better. I sure would like to try a pair of the 7 inchers but they cost too much!

·
Registered
880 Posts
They sound seriously sweet. The ringradiator is the best tweeter I know of.

I have a friend with a full F1 system and basically it´s as good as it gets. The midbasses could be snappier and the mid a little more "open" but it´s seroiusly good stuff.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So Scanspeak makes these drivers for Alpine correct? I mean Alpine is the child company of ALPS which is a ginormous company of Japan which makes the touch interface for ipods etc... I always though alpine was soley a japanese company, where did they get the name alpine from? Or did they have any sort of Nordic heritage?

·
Registered
530 Posts
i was kidding about my alpine -denmark- remark ,who knows, are you kidding??!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup, the Alpine Type-X series of speakers are subcontracted to D-S-T.

The high-end Type-X F1 status set is made by ScanSpeak, while the standard Type-X's are made by Vifa (based on the Vifa TX series ring radiator and woofer). They are not exactly identical to the D-S-T drivers... they were built to Alpine's specs so that they would last longer in a car environment. Variances in their T/S parameters are minor.

Like the F1 status, the standard Type-X's favor very good bass extension (the Fs of the SPX-177R is 43 Hz... and it gets better in-car) in the expense of punchyness in the midbass region.

·
Registered
880 Posts
IMO the SPX-es sounded better on paper then IRL. It´s not a speaker you´ll ever get tired of listening to, very soft character, but a bit too much so IMO, -you might loose interrest in what´s playing first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts