DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 08 honda odyssey that I recently added 2 12s in the back. I hooked up to my factory radio due to not wanting to upgrade and change out and lose my nav and rear DVD player. I figured it would be alot easier to install instead of buying a new HU and trying to figure everything else out.

My issue is once I ran my power and ground, I decided to hook up the amp remote wire to my fuse panel to a fuse that only turns on when the vehicle is started.

The other day I needed to rearrange the amp and disconnected the remote wire and noticed the amp stayed on long after the remote wire was unplugged from the amp. I'm not sure why it is continuing to stay on when the remote wire is not plugged into the amp.

I have doubled and tripled check to make sure the power wire is all the way seated inside the amp and no strands of wires are out same with the ground wire.

I don't know what it could be. I've been installing systems for years and have never come across this in any of my previous installs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
try unhooking the remote wire and grounding it. does the amp turn off? its posible that a floating input would be seen as a "high" and keep it on. this is a long shot, I have never seen that either. more than likely the remote input is defective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try unhooking the remote wire and grounding it. does the amp turn off? its posible that a floating input would be seen as a "high" and keep it on. this is a long shot, I have never seen that either. more than likely the remote input is defective.
I will try this in the morning. If not I'll take it back and get a replacement amp.

I've never seen this before in all my years of doing installs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some of the newer amps have a switch that allow the amp to auto sense the turn on. If your amp doesn't have this then either the fuse you chose is providing some voltage when the car is off OR your amp must be defective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts