DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the boat came with a pair of 6.5” marine Infinity speakers (not very good) and one of those square bluetooth Infinity (PRV351) streaming “receivers” (not really a receiver). I’m not at all happy with it and I need to upgrade it, but I also want to minimize the extent to which I have to drill and cut into this new expensive boat (fiberglass).

The first question is that the PRV351 does have 6 RCA pre-outs. Does anyone know if this has a clean enough pre-out signal to work off of?

Regarding the coaxials, they have to go. I do have a pair of Diamond Audio HMX65’s from my old boat that we’re pretty good. So I can replace the Infinity’s with those and maybe try to pickup a second pair. My problem here is that up front on the bow there is nothing I can do sub wise, and these Diamonds don’t go very low, so SQ on the bow will be limited. I also do not think I can fit 8” coaxials up on the bow. Any thoughts on these Diamond speakers or recommended alternatives?

Regarding a sub(s), I have two options. I can probably fit 8” infinite baffles in each sidewalk just behind the helm and passenger seats, or I can probably fit 8” (maybe 10”) in small enclosures in recessed footwells right in front of the helm and passenger seats. If I can find small marine boxes, the recessed footwells would be a lot easier and would probably result in better SQ. But I would need subs that would work well iI’m small boxes with limited air volume. Perhaps the JL Marine M6 subs for sealed enclosures that only need 0.75CF?

I’m really struggling on marine amp options. I would prefer just one amp to handle everything, so that means a 6 or 8-channel amp. I used a Kicker marine amp on my last boat and it worked well, but their advertised ratings are all based on 2ohm, and their pretty weak (power wise) on the 4 ohm ratings. I prefer to stick with 4 ohm speakers and subs if possible. Diamond Audio has a 6-channel amp with nice specs but they are so uncommon thee are literally no reviews I can find. Wet Sounds amps seem overpriced, at that price point I think I would prefer a tried and true JL marine amp. Maybe the M800/8V2?

This is a fishing boat, not a ski boat, but I’m a bit of an audiophile and I just cannot enjoy the stock system. I would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts