DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just released at EMMA Finals in Salzburg

Modular, 12 channel. Casing is similar to Brax MX4 - a little lower profile and of course smaller footprint

More pics in Sunday:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Please tell me it has full processing on the input side AND output side. ;)

Needs full 30 band paragraphic, crossovers, gain and delay on every input.... and then the same on every output.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
John,

I have had the specs on this processor for a month now. The full specs will be released to the public very soon. :D

Please tell me it has full processing on the input side AND output side. ;)

Needs full 30 band paragraphic, crossovers, gain and delay on every input.... and then the same on every output.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Oh my... so many new DSP's coming out this year.
REALLY nice ones too.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
Details are needed.... yes, details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Details are needed.... yes, details.

I heard 4 bands of parametric, TA in 1ms increments, and it's got dat sound Xpander and bass boost yo! :D:D:D

LOL sorry.. It's Friday.. I'm in Friday mode. I kid, I'm a kidder. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Yes please... hopefully a step up from the Helix DSP's being a Brax... I have 3 MX amps so a DSP to match is looking like there was a reason I was putting off a Helix DSP...

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
THIS is why I was holding off on upgrading my Helix DSP PRO's to the MK II version. :D

Kind of feeling all tingly inside right now. :p

Greg, I think we'll need to start a DIYMA Group Buy on these ASAP. ;)

Oh, will the current Helix DSP PRO HEC modules be compatible with this?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I wonder how much better this is as compared to the DSP Pro MKII. :)

It would be great if they have optical outputs per channel to plug into there MX optical inputs...

I think this DSP will see new standards in THD and SNR etc... and probably 32bit DACs - I think I see 5 on that board

Looks like a MX amp...

I'll be interested if it has HiRes capability over and beyond what the DSP PRO can do so higher than 32/192... DSD would be great so the Sony can use a interface that can use its full capability

But let's see - it may end up being just a super high end DSP with nothing special in terms of format capability and keep that market with the DSP PRO otherwise it will take the market away from the Helix...

I am sure Brax doesn't want to steal business away from there successful Helix range...

And I presume it will be priced Brax like prices as well.... so I guess it will be an exclusive DSP - again not interfering with the Helix product.

But I want one...

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
I wonder how much better this is as compared to the DSP Pro MKII. :)
I feel confident that one of the major differences is going to be that the new Brax DSP will have optical digital outputs on EVERY channel. And the outputs will be post-processing. It's meant to interface with the Brax MX amps which have digital inputs.

Hopefully we will also see full input-side processing with paragraphic EQ, crossovers, gains and delay on every input and then the same on every output. That would be huge.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I feel confident that one of the major differences is going to be that the new Brax DSP will have optical digital outputs on EVERY channel. And the outputs will be post-processing. It's meant to interface with the Brax MX amps which have digital inputs.

Hopefully we will also see full input-side processing with paragraphic EQ, crossovers, gains and delay on every input and then the same on every output. That would be huge.
So would all of us. Let us see what they will release. :D

1 - 20 of 124 Posts