DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Fyi... I scoped the factory Bose HU and at max volume I had 3.5V and zero distortion.

I also was able to use the pre amp signal wires straight into the Helix. I just spliced RCA's onto the front right/left pre amp wires in the trunk. So if you ever wanted to ditch the JL Fix you can.

My car is a 2013 G37S sedan w/ Bose NAV and 10 speakers. A pillar tweets, center channel, 4" mids and 10" midbass in the doors, two rear door speakers and a 10" sub in the rear deck. I'm pretty confident it is the same exact system in the Q's.

Just passing info along if you want to let your tuner know....
appreciate the input

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree about the source, after listening to lossless using the optical input on the Helix everything else sounds bad. Using a S9+ phone into a USB to optical converter and it sounds awesome.

Where did you get the material for your mid bass fire rings? You are correct...no one makes an 8" ring

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I agree about the source, after listening to lossless using the optical input on the Helix everything else sounds bad. Using a S9+ phone into a USB to optical converter and it sounds awesome.

Where did you get the material for your mid bass fire rings? You are correct...no one makes an 8" ring
My installer went Mcguiver mode and used Air condition foam 🙂

·
Registered
40 Posts
Fyi... I scoped the factory Bose HU and at max volume I had 3.5V and zero distortion.

I also was able to use the pre amp signal wires straight into the Helix. I just spliced RCA's onto the front right/left pre amp wires in the trunk. So if you ever wanted to ditch the JL Fix you can.

My car is a 2013 G37S sedan w/ Bose NAV and 10 speakers. A pillar tweets, center channel, 4" mids and 10" midbass in the doors, two rear door speakers and a 10" sub in the rear deck. I'm pretty confident it is the same exact system in the Q's.

Just passing info along if you want to let your tuner know....
Quick question.. If you used the preamp signal out of the HU, what do you use to control volume? Just a Helix volume Knob? Anyone know how to grab a voltage signal from the HU to control volume at the helix (and keep the ability to use the steering and HU volume control)?

·
Registered
127 Posts
The factory head unit will control the volume when using those preamp signal wires. Just splice RCA's into the front left/right before the bose amp. Then run those right into the Helix... you don't need a JL FIX or anything else.

·
Registered
127 Posts
All of my factory informant features and steering wheel controls work the same as factory stock. I do use a URC.3 for digital volume control from a DAP and for sub volume but it isn't necessary. When I scoped the factory head unit it put out 3.5V and no distortion at max volume.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Excellent news! I had read elsewhere those were signal only out, no volume control. And ..this build was awesome, now I am inspired to step up my install (2018 Q50S)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did a shit ton of research, those Bose Head units are actually made by Clarion, atleast the the one in my G is. Doesn't look very fancy but its working perfect with the Helix DSP.3... SQ is very good. I gutted everything minus the head unit with no issues. Oh and the Helix auto time alignment feature they just released is the real deal, front stage is perfect now

·
Registered
127 Posts
Factory Bluetooth and hands free calling still works also. The bluetooth is lacking in SQ though but I only use if for calling

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I did a shit ton of research, those Bose Head units are actually made by Clarion, atleast the the one in my G is. Doesn't look very fancy but its working perfect with the Helix DSP.3... SQ is very good. I gutted everything minus the head unit with no issues. Oh and the Helix auto time alignment feature they just released is the real deal, front stage is perfect now
I am curious about this Helix time alignment? I have the Dsp3 ..can I get this feature

41 - 52 of 52 Posts