DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Ok after a long hiatus...I decided to redo sub stage for my system. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and purchased a new Acoustic Elegance SBP15-4 to replace my GB12..So I am jumping into this IB setup blindly...I have heard nothing about positive feedback ..fingers crossed
.I plan to stay with the same Zapco amplification and Helix Dsp. I am planning to add the Helix usb Hec card. i am also redoing the entire trunk area...I am included pics of the design me and my installer drafted....Any feed back design ideas would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 281033
My new hope for a little more detailed deep sub bass :)

View attachment 281034
we plan to raise the floor and drop the new amp rack in the current spare tire well. The Helix Dsp will share the same space with the Zapcos. The Jl Fix will probably end up hidden....My installer suggested installInt a forced air duct to push air across the amps since I wanted amp rack cover to be made from Plexi glass..
The install should start this Sunday.
Let me know if you want to sell your old sub box.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Let me know if you want to sell your old sub box.
Sorry for the late response....I do plan to sell the fiberglass enclosure and GB12D2 sub . I have not even figured out pricing yet especially with shipping 🙂.
i will entertain any reasonable offers 🙂

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Dude...Finally someone on this forum with the same car with similar equipment....What did you do for your front stage? Send me pics bro....I went 3 way active with Audiofrogs...I kept the 2.5” on the dash and mounted the Tweet in the A-pillars with a Audio Development 8” midbass in the factory doors...The highs are mind blowing dude...I only wish I could have fabricated to fit the GB25 in the front pillars....
I am curious to see how u set up your system for real...I had a question, are your Zapco amps protected?
Also how did you lower your Q? I am so desperately needing to lower my car and maintain a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My front stage about like yours. Satori berrilium tweeters in a pillars, 3s in dash and Morel Elate Titanium 9s in doors. There is another cover to protect amps when stuff is in trunk. Since I have the active suspension I just lowered it on springs Tanabe lowering springs.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
My front stage about like yours. Satori berrilium tweeters in a pillars, 3s in dash and Morel Elate Titanium 9s in doors. There is another cover to protect amps when stuff is in trunk. Since I have the active suspension I just lowered it on springs Tanabe lowering springs. View attachment 281116
Hmmm I thought Satori was mostly home audio equipment...So you did the Satori midrange too? What model for the tweet and mids? How they compare to the Audiofrogs...I am always looking to improve my sound :)
Give me your honest opinion of the Acoustic Sub? I have never heard a trunk baffle setup before ...Appreciate the input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great installs. I have a Q50 also. I am curious about why you chose to put tweeters in the pillars instead of the door's sail panel. Stage height?

Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Great installs. I have a Q50 also. I am curious about why you chose to put tweeters in the pillars instead of the door's sail panel. Stage height?

Thanks.
the original plan was to have the GB10 and 25 in the pillars. But unfortunately the defrost vent was making the install difficult.
He originally was going to do the sail panel for the tweets. But for some odd reason the stage was higher with the tweet in current position plus it was closer to the mid this way.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Love the factory look in the trunk! Can't wait to see the 15" sub install.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I recorded a short snippet of how the GB setup sounds in my car...the track is from a group called InfectEd Mushrooms.

Just found your thread. Sounds great. I’m about to start in my g37 as well. Noticed your rodi, what’s your tank set up?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
It’s that thing on your wall like I have that my wife tells everyone it’s a meth lab.
Ahhh. Reverse osmosis system...ha ha...i have a reef tank...that’s just for saltwater mixing station I built in my garage 🙂

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just read all this and I cant believe nobody mentioned anything about using a Fix82 on a bose system with allpass filters lol. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just read all this and I cant believe nobody mentioned anything about using a Fix82 on a bose system with allpass filters lol. 🤦‍♂️
I think it was mentioned. With the flat signal wouldn’t it be redundant to have the fix installed? I’m about to install a dsp and I’m pretty sure I can just use outputs at the factory amp because of the Bose flat clean signal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it was mentioned. With the flat signal wouldn’t it be redundant to have the fix installed? I’m about to install a dsp and I’m pretty sure I can just use outputs at the factory amp because of the Bose flat clean signal.
If the input to the bose amp is flat, low level, variable signal (some trim levels are... some aren't), then yes. You'd use that and nix the Fix82.

If you use the outputs of the bose amp, the fix is a horrible solution. Bose uses phase EQ which will result in huge dips in the response once summed together in the fix. Bose designed this car to sound decent from both front seats via that processing method. If one wanted to create a good sounding two seat car, you'd go 1:1 from the bose outputs straight into a dsp and use NO signal delay. Just EQ and level adjustment. It wont sound as precise as an IASCA car, but itll be damn good done correctly.

Summing bose outputs is never a good idea because of this. It might sound "good" compared to stock, because phase EQ only effects certain frequency ranges (usually 250ish, 400ish, 1k), so it doesn't mess up the entire frequency range, but it'll never reach its full potential.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts