DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
If the input to the bose amp is flat, low level, variable signal (some trim levels are... some aren't), then yes. You'd use that and nix the Fix82.

If you use the outputs of the bose amp, the fix is a horrible solution. Bose uses phase EQ which will result in huge dips in the response once summed together in the fix. Bose designed this car to sound decent from both front seats via that processing method. If one wanted to create a good sounding two seat car, you'd go 1:1 from the bose outputs straight into a dsp and use NO signal delay. Just EQ and level adjustment. It wont sound as precise as an IASCA car, but itll be damn good done correctly.

Summing bose outputs is never a good idea because of this. It might sound "good" compared to stock, because phase EQ only effects certain frequency ranges (usually 250ish, 400ish, 1k), so it doesn't mess up the entire frequency range, but it'll never reach its full potential.
It’s my understanding that all the processing is done at the amp and not prior.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It’s my understanding that all the processing is done at the amp and not prior.
That's exactly right.

Maybe I missed something in this thread. Did he use the OEM headunit output instead of the bose processed outputs? Ill scroll back through

Edit: oh, I see. I interpreted his first post incorrectly. Thank goodness lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
If your using a processor you can tap a clean full range signal before Bose amp.... I did it with a Helix and it worked great. The OEM head unit is actually made by Clarion and puts out a clean full range signal. I had it scoped and it had 3.5V and zero distortion at max volume.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just need a processor that can take a balanced signal... before I had the Helix I was using a TWK 88 for awhile. I had to use 2 transformers to convert the balance signal to unbalanced. Way cheaper than using a JL Fix to convert the signal...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Completely bypass the Bose amps....they are junk. I actually eq'd the factory speakers with the DSP just to see how good I could get them to sound. You would be surprised how good the factory front stage is just adding a DSP and proper tuning

·
Registered
313 Posts
Completely bypass the Bose amps....they are junk. I actually eq'd the factory speakers with the DSP just to see how good I could get them to sound. You would be surprised how good the factory front stage is just adding a DSP and proper tuning
I’ve heard this a couple times. I thought about trying it on my g37 before I rip it all out. I actually thought about using the mids until I got some.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It was. I had to restart in November. I had a low nutrient problem and lost all my corals rapidly. I was able to frag some but once it started I couldn’t stop it. I still have the same pair of clowns we’ve had for 13 years. Luckily none of the fish were harmed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
It was. I had to restart in November. I had a low nutrient problem and lost all my corals rapidly. I was able to frag some but once it started I couldn’t stop it. I still have the same pair of clowns we’ve had for 13 years. Luckily none of the fish were harmed.
View attachment 293471
I had a question...My PH is kinda low ....About 7.89....Got any suggestions for me to get it up?

·
Registered
159 Posts

I have a new Q60 and am wanting to put in a JL HD900/5 as the BOSE amp sucks. I dont have enough volume. So i should look into a Helix DSP and tap my wires before the Bose amp?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a new Q60 and am wanting to put in a JL HD900/5 as the BOSE amp sucks. I dont have enough volume. So i should look into a Helix DSP and tap my wires before the Bose amp?
I converted the front left and right wires to RCA and you can go directly into your amp or even better if you get a Helix. I suggest getting on the Q forums and do some searching. I was able to find specific instructions on how and where to tap in...

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50
19 Posts
My front stage about like yours. Satori berrilium tweeters in a pillars, 3s in dash and Morel Elate Titanium 9s in doors. There is another cover to protect amps when stuff is in trunk. Since I have the active suspension I just lowered it on springs Tanabe lowering springs. View attachment 281116
What 3" mids are you running in the dash?

81 - 98 of 98 Posts