DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Following! Just got part of my JLUR done. PacPro to Zapco ADSP-Z8, Hybrid Legatia L3SE in factory dash location, Unity 2 ohm 6.5" in the Metra pods and a Sundown SD3 10" in a sealed box right now. Sub is only getting 240 watts right now and seems way underpowered. Looking to swap out the sub and feed more power to it.

View attachment 259228
Hey Andrew did you happen to measure the air volume of the pod...nice we have 4 jlu builds going on...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Andrew did you happen to measure the air volume of the pod...nice we have 4 jlu builds going on...
I ordered them too. If he didn't, I definitely will as soon as I get them!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Let me ask you something, could there be a more perfect fit?!?!

The amps drop right in to the storage area and even leave plenty of room under them to store the dsp and all the wiring...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
nice fit... it was about an inch to short for my zapco's..
Lucky as fuck fit, huh?! Did you realize that plastic thing IS the body? There is no sheet metal under or around it...

·
Registered
704 Posts
what happened to the track hawk

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
what happened to the track hawk
My wife and I have begun divorce proceedings, so I decided to put that dream on hold until I see this drama through... :(

·
Registered
704 Posts
My wife and I have begun divorce proceedings, so I decided to put that dream on hold until I see this drama through... :(
damn dude, hate to hear it. good luck and have great holiday

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My OCD has sometimes been uncomfortable with some of the wiring in my previous builds, so this one MUST be laid out and routed to perfection...

I'm gonna run power AND ground outside of the vehicle and drill holes in the storage tub with 0 gauge running right into distribution blocks.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
How are you going to deaden your hardtop? I got the Hot Heads headliner kit, but not sure what to do otherwise.
I have the factory headliner, but I will probably pull if and add some cld and maybe some ccf to the top and then reinstall the headliner. I did this in my 2016 and it work good.

I would used the thinner, lighter 80 mil KnuKonceptz cld for the top:

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
How are you going to deaden your hardtop? I got the Hot Heads headliner kit, but not sure what to do otherwise.
Lol dam you thought we were going to but 2 for a deal. Definitely going with the hot head complete kit minus the strips will put my own deadener then then the headliner. Had the factory one in my jk yes it helped but the hotheads one is better. Listen if your planing on deadening your Jeep. Put a sub in the back and play some low notes. Before you strip out interior. Grab some masking tape and start marking all the vibrating spots before you put interior back in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lol dam you thought we were going to but 2 for a deal. Definitely going with the hot head complete kit minus the strips will put my own deadener then then the headliner. Had the factory one in my jk yes it helped but the hotheads one is better. Listen if your planing on deadening your Jeep. Put a sub in the back and play some low notes. Before you strip out interior. Grab some masking tape and start marking all the vibrating spots before you put interior back in.
Sorry man! I ended up buying on black friday on impulse.

I have my sub in now. It isn't generating enough bass to rattle crap. Haha. I am astounded at how quiet it is actually - it isn't like 240 watts is nothing...

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
shouldn't need more then that just shut off all other speakers if you could and play some low sweeps... believe me.. lol after all the deadening i did and after my tune i played some sweeps this morning and ya the dash my a pillars and some panels... so will be pulling pieces off one at a time to fix,, thought i would give you and David a heads up...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
shouldn't need more then that just shut off all other speakers if you could and play some low sweeps... believe me.. lol after all the deadening i did and after my tune i played some sweeps this morning and ya the dash my a pillars and some panels... so will be pulling pieces off one at a time to fix,, thought i would give you and David a heads up...
That is good advice and exactly what I always do too... I even drive around with a role of tape for the same purpose, so I can tag any rattles I come across.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Any progress on your rig, David?
Not really, just lots of measuring planning and ordering product... I have the sub box designed nailed down, and all of the equipment either in my possession or on the way.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I received the Metra pods for the dash and I also ordered the severely overpriced ScanSpeak aperiodic vents... I was going to make my own, but I don't want to take the time to fiddle around with that.

I'll figure out the metra pod's airspace and post that up when I get a chance, and I am also going to take a look under the dash to see if I can enlarge the pods a little. Just by looking at the pods, I think they might need modifying to fit the Morel's, but that should be easy with a heat gun or a torch. ;)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts