DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I am dying to see how close the screw holes are to the surround.

I suspect they are an appropriate distance and I'll get pics and measurements when I have a chance... I know where you are going with this. :)

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Ive done 2 JL wranglers now and my goodness there a pain in the arse to take apart them dash speakers compared to a JK
What a task. Still not as hard as a Mini Cooper , okay actually just as hard, they definitely didn’t make it easy for install aftermarket

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Ive done 2 JL wranglers now and my goodness there a pain in the arse to take apart them dash speakers compared to a JK
What a task. Still not as hard as a Mini Cooper , okay actually just as hard, they definitely didn’t make it easy for install aftermarket
Hmmm, I found them similar to the JK's... One issue I have run into with the passenger side Metra pod, is that it's to deep and it's pushing against the dash. Of course I added a 1/4" baffle to it, so without the baffle it would probably have been ok...
I'm just going to modify the mounting points on the pod to allow it to recessed further back into the dash.

Btw, not audio, but here are the new wheels/tires I just installed:

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I walked by a Jeep with the stock tires with the white type and yours are a huge improvement.
Thanks! Imho, these Wrangler don't look cool stock, but there upgrade potential and the aftermarket mods that are available can make them awesome!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Nicely done, had you posted the wheel / tires specs already and sadly I missed them ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmmm, I found them similar to the JK's... One issue I have run into with the passenger side Metra pod, is that it's to deep and it's pushing against the dash. Of course I added a 1/4" baffle to it, so without the baffle it would probably have been ok...
I'm just going to modify the mounting points on the pod to allow it to recessed further back into the dash.

Btw, not audio, but here are the new wheels/tires I just installed:

My kid did some Method wheels on his new JL as well. Pretty cool looking wheels...
IMG_8351.JPG

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Nicely done, had you posted the wheel / tires specs already and sadly I missed them ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Method Roost wheels & Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75/17 tires. :)

81 - 89 of 89 Posts