DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
hey Andy if your doing a false floor in the back you should be able to raise the cuby in back 2 inches that would give you all the volume you would need... how thick is the hot heads liner? the factory liner is basically just carpet... can you supply closer pics of it.. i need to order the kit but not warm enough her to install it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the info on the Hot Heads. Are you going to make a fiberglass enclosure?
I did use almost half a box of deadener under the headliner to help.

Yes, I am planning to glass an enclosure. The top face will be wood and then I am planning to do a sheet over the whole thing that will be flush with the grill. That is my thought at least...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
hey Andy if your doing a false floor in the back you should be able to raise the cuby in back 2 inches that would give you all the volume you would need... how thick is the hot heads liner? the factory liner is basically just carpet... can you supply closer pics of it.. i need to order the kit but not warm enough her to install it.
Sorry, just saw this. The Hot Heads kit is really nice. I did not get any pictures with it not installed. It is a couple layers and adds some depth to the hardtop. The mounting locations where the tape is located is built up so you could really add some serious deadener if you wanted to.

Cheers,
-A

21 - 24 of 24 Posts