DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've purchased a 2004 Mercedes E55 AMG. (Pics of the car) Pretty heavily optioned, all stock. I'd like to keep the head unit (DVD Comand with nav, phone system with voice command & 6-disc changer) if possible.

I'd like to keep it stealth. One sub with smallest enclosure possible (1cf or so). Also would like to keep it limited to two amps.

Goals are to have it SQ with some decent low end. Mainly listen to rock and hip hop.

Budget is around $3k to $4k.

My previous car had Hybrid Audio Legatias and I loved them. Might consider a 3-way in the front. Probably just keep stock speakers in the rear for fill, as I've done before.

All recommendations are appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go with the HATs,arc black sub
some more Arc to power them!
Also I'm pretty sure u can get the nav-tv piece to do VIM
I've never listened to Arc gear. I've only seen it mentioned on here. I'll start to read u[ on them. Looks like the Arc Black sub is new... hmmm...

Do I need a pre amp or anything? Bit One or something similar to get a clean source?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Selling the Stang? How much for the E55 if you dont mind
The Mustang is gone. :(

I got the E55 for $33k. It has 38k miles and with a lot of RENNtech installed, pretty much a Package 4 plus intercooler with large pump and lowering module. Stickered for $95k plus RENNtech. One owner car, perfect CarFax/Autocheck. Near perfect paint. Couldn't be happier.

:D

·
Registered
741 Posts
The Mustang is gone. :(

I got the E55 for $33k. It has 38k miles and with a lot of RENNtech installed, pretty much a Package 4 plus intercooler with large pump and lowering module. Stickered for $95k plus RENNtech. One owner car, perfect CarFax/Autocheck. Near perfect paint. Couldn't be happier.

:D
Yeah I was looking for those at one point. Lot of bang for buck. Congrats dude!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts