DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! New to the forums, figured I'd ask for some advice from you all guru's!

I am purchasing a 2011-2012 Scion TC or VW GTI in a couple months and want to set up a system.

I am looking mostly for sound quality, but I LOVE loud as well.

I am thinking Morel Elate 3 ways, 9 or 6's. Front and back?

No idea on amps, maybe Genesis, Audison? Any thoughts?

Sub wise i'm thinking Morel 12" Ultimos?

Any and all system ideas would be appreciated!

My main goal is to have a loud, sound quality with amazing dynamic range/response. Warm, with true separation. Great stereo imaging. So on..not set on a HU yet either. I will have a good budget for this so all ideas are appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Wow, jumping in head first. lol.

I would start with what you are capable of doing as far as the fabricating/installing and do you want it stealth or are you open to alternate speaker locations. Also, deciding if you want to use DSP.

·
Registered
172 Posts
start with a top quality head unit. I have always loved alpine and pioneer. Lots of features for your money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, jumping in head first. lol.

I would start with what you are capable of doing as far as the fabricating/installing and do you want it stealth or are you open to alternate speaker locations. Also, deciding if you want to use DSP.
Into a pool with no water! OUCH! :)

I would rather spend most of my money on gear rather than custom fabrication, however, I do understand that sound quality also has a lot to do with speaker placement, quality of the mount/enclosures and what not.

I have an alpine ina-w900bt which I am happy with right now, however, I am open.

I was thinking of getting a bit one as well. I am all about having the most amount of sound processing available to me because I am very picky!

I have a set of morel dotech's right now, and I am not fully pleased with them. It could be that I am only running a 400/1 to them(more then likely why) but they aren't performing as I thought they might.

Anyways..
Dream logical setup...ready? go!

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Ok, step 2. What level of awesome do you want this to sound like...realistically. Have you heard any vehicles with a system that was just what you want? What did it have in it and where were the speakers installed?

What I'm saying is there are so many speakers, amps, subs on the market that choosing the "dream system" might just be throwing money at something that is still not going to be as good as a cheaper system when not installed with custom work.

And again, what speaker locations? I assume you mean in stock locations, but there are no stock locations for the mid in an Elate 3 way, so what's the plan?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, step 2. What level of awesome do you want this to sound like...realistically. Have you heard any vehicles with a system that was just what you want? What did it have in it and where were the speakers installed?

What I'm saying is there are so many speakers, amps, subs on the market that choosing the "dream system" might just be throwing money at something that is still not going to be as good as a cheaper system when not installed with custom work.

And again, what speaker locations? I assume you mean in stock locations, but there are no stock locations for the mid in an Elate 3 way, so what's the plan?

First of all, thank you for your time. I do really appreciate it.

Let me tell you about my current system and the "issues" I'm caught in.

Alpine Ina-w900bt
Imprint Pxa-h100
Morel Dotech 6 in front
Morel Dotech 5 in back
2 JL 12w3v3
JL XD600/1
JL XD400/4

First, I know I'm rather underpowered. My main goal right now is to get this system to sound the best it can. I know, I'm off topic a bit, I'm a bit of a nut :freak: but I love this stuff and I want to learn! My "dream" system will come soon, but for now maybe I can learn a few things.

It does not perform as I want it too...underpowered, not enough processing(eq) capabilities for my needy/picky self!

I definitely need to swap my amps. The 400/4 is a little baby for my dotechs, I need quite a bit of headroom as the morels can handle good power(140 continuos, 500 max trans) I want to run the full 140 with room to push them just a tad harder.

I'm selling my amps, any suggestions as to what amp(s) to move up to? Broad question, but hey...I'm a noob. I'm going to get rid of the imprint, replace it with a bit one eventually...but for now an audio control eqs so that I have a proper eq.

Anyway, back to amps... 1 monster 5 channel or...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a setup idea:

Morel:
Supremo Tweeters
CDM 88's
Supremo 6''
MXS-2.0 Crossovers
and 3 Ultimo 12's

Powering this setup:
3 of the Zapco DC1100.1
2 of the Zapco DC750.2

Audsion Bit one

HU: Alpine 900bt

:)

?

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
I still say work hard to get the install right; before all else. Use RTA and speaker specifications to design the system into the best locations.

No 5-channel for this build. For me I would just add an XD400/4 for use on midbass.

As for speakers,some of the best I have ever heard are here . Start at post #1035

1 - 8 of 8 Posts