1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
413 Posts
A little off topic, but have you tried fitting the Veritas in your Ram yet? I have the Aluminum version and mine don't quite fit without modifications to the HVAC box, or if you were to cut the fenders out.

As for compression drivers, I've used both the TAD 2002, and 2001's on mine, but they are rather large for what your looking for...;) Sorry I can't help any there.

If you get the Veritas to fit, please post up pics etc., I'd like to see how you did it. Best of luck! :)

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I'm looking for something to try instead of the B&C DE500 I am using now.

They need to be 1", 2 bolt and under 5.25" in size if possible. They will be used on Veritas horn bodies. Obviously I want something that plays as low as possible.

Here are the BMS:

http://www.usspeaker.com/bms%204550-1.htm

Perhaps the Radian 475PB:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pdf/294-700s.pdf

P Audio?

http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/images/SD450N.pdf

Any thoughts?
what dont you like about your current drivers?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't tried any of the others but I used the BMS 4552nd and really liked them.
I will add those to the list. Where did you cross them over on what horn bodies?

what dont you like about your current drivers?
Nothing, I just want to try something new. I have the CD1E v2 and v3, CD1 PRO, CD2, B&C DE500, Veritas and USD drivers and want a new set. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Any underdash pics of your horn mounting ClinesSelect? The composite horns are physicaly the same size as the Aluminum's other than the mounting tabs. Much appreciated. :)

What are your initial impressions of the Veritas lenses?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once you get the full size ID lenses to fit, the Veritas are a pretty easy swap. There is a support strap on the blower motor that has to be relocated and the tab ground off.

The drivers cannot be over 5" unless you want to spend some quality time with an air hammer. You do need to relocate the wiring in the right kick. The Veritas driver on the right is far too large to fit.

I still use the metal mounting bar like I did with these mini lenses for the left mounting point.

This is the wiring that needs to be relocated. The right mounting point for the full size and Veritas lenses is right above where the kick panel snaps into the body instead of using the metal bar.

Full size ID lenses. You can see they are a tight fit.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

And the Veritas. The kicks have to be cut to allow them to fit.

Just swapping in the Veritas instead of the full size ID, both with the DE500, without making any adjustments and the soundstage is higher and better centered. :)

·
Premium Member
11,520 Posts
I would stay with the DE500s. PAudio...I would stay away from.

BMS are good, but the after sale service is spotty from Assistance Audio.

Another good 1" driver would be the Beyma CP380/M.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts