DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a cheap set of drivers for the doors of the gti just to get the AP stuff out of there. i got a pair of exodus anarchy 6.5's that should be a direct replacement for the AP's. i really dont know how they should sound, but they have some good reviews and data and such. aaron? comments? i am fairly certain you had some for the kippel data...

my biggest problem is the horns. they just are not making me happy the way they did when mic first tuned them the difference in efficiency is making it hard for me to mate up a pair of mid's to meet their loudness. i have 200w x4 for my front stage, and to me that should be enough. but since horns are more amplitude based than phase based, i can not adjust the gain independantly on each channel, and i cant get them to image right due to the crazy efficiency. i have the horns at -13 on the 701 and the gain is minimum, i can not attenuate them any more without using Lpads (i have some but i think its pointless in conjunction with horns).

so any ideas on tweeters? tweeter locations (todd?)? how about those diffraction controlling lenses like the B&O stuff i wrote about in the HLCD thread? if i can figure out the parabola data to determine the profile of the shape for the diffraction lens, i can totally cast them from epoxy... possibly CLEAR epoxy, that would be a sweet friggin piece. i think the two dash heat defrost vents would be a perfect spot to drop tweeters in, especially with the lenses...

should i bother changing anything, or just give up?

ugh, i should have some time this weekend or next weekend to mess around with something.

ideas teamies? :(

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I had the same amps on my horns and mids and had zero problems. by same amps I mean I used an ID700.2 on my horns and my mids.
at 8ohm, the power is roughly halved.

Notch Filter helps tremendously , so if you never built that then....

and Negative 13 on a 700/701 equals No output. It shuts the output down.

I think at most I may have turn horn channels down to -6, but it was never more than that.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
only goes to 13.....
Im only a few hours away and always willing to help.
Im not saying Do horns or donot....just saying dont dump them till they are given a fair chance.

dont unload them , i may want them at some point this year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts