DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been interested in the new Eclipse HUs, but it's not clear to me whether these are capable of being controlled via factory steering wheel controls. I know PAC makes the SWI-ECL2 and even some of the older Eclipse HUs had steering controls built in. I emailed PAC's tech support and they said they didn't know either (weird...). Anyone have a definite answer?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We do not have that information. You will have to contact Eclipse to see
if those models support steering wheel remote input. The protocol with
our steering wheel interfaces will be the same if those radios apply.

Thanks!

Richard A. Jazmin
Technical Support
Pacific Accessory Corporation
(800) 854-3133 ext. 131
Welcome to Pacific Accessory Corporation

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sorry can't specifically answer your question as I have an older Eclipse unit working w/ steering wheel controls via PAC. But as my older unit does not have 'built in' steering wheel interface, but just infrared remote control as does my newer Eclipse - in another car - one would think that the newer ones would also interface. One caveat that you should know is that the PAC interface is not as positive as the hardwired stock connection and that there may be slightly delayed or missed signal response to the button pushing. Careful close proximity, line of sight placement of the signal emitter and even wire placement in the console helped minimize this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some of the Eclipse HU had wired remote inputs. I've been told they work reasonably well. I haven't got around to installing mine yet, so I don't have much useful information. I would guess Eclipse didn't go backwards, but anything is possible.

Good luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Some of the Eclipse HU had wired remote inputs. I've been told they work reasonably well. I haven't got around to installing mine yet, so I don't have much useful information. I would guess Eclipse didn't go backwards, but anything is possible.

Good luck!

·
Registered
784 Posts
CD7000 which should be the same as the CD7200, takes wired in controls via a Pac SWI-ECL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts