DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you run? The front end is setup for tweets in the "A"s, fours in the side kick panel, and 8s in the kicks. The fours are vented into the door sills. The eights are vented into the frame rails.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow.. 40 plus views but no comments.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Do you favor car, home, or pro audio brands?

What do you have for power & processing?

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
horns, 5s and 8s:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a MS-8 right now, but no amps. I am just looking at ideas.

Mic, I am not sure about them "horns" you talk of.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I have a MS-8 right now, but no amps. I am just looking at ideas.

Mic, I am not sure about them "horns" you talk of.
oh so you gave up too;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Without our wonderful leader, it is hard to run something that few people understand.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Without our wonderful leader, it is hard to run something that few people understand.
I've managed to do OK;)

so have others

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Want to keep the same brand for your front stage? Coz you can build a serious front stage with different drivers.
Midbass? Easy, PA drivers (B&C, 18Sound, Faital, etc...)
Midrange? I'd go with something that could play fairly high in order to keep the Xover outside voice range and mate better with the tweeter (since the tweets won't be close to the mids). HAT L4SE, Scan Rev 4s and Faital 4 seems like good candidates.
Tweeters? Planars should help you control dispersion up high - if choosen correctly, it might reduce enough energy from the windshield. OR AMT drivers, this one is relatively small...

Kelvin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have looked into mix matching drivers. In the past, I have always ran one brand. In the 10 years of competing, I only ran iD speakers.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I am probably an idiot but what do you mean by side kick panel and kick panel? Can you post a pic or a link of an example?

If you insist on all one brand then I would look at HAT L8SE, L4SE, and L1 Pro-R2; Scan Illuminator 7, 4, and R2004/6020; or Dynaudio Esotar

But why limit yourself to just one brand?

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I am probably an idiot but what do you mean by side kick panel and kick panel? Can you post a pic or a link of an example?

If you insist on all one brand then I would look at HAT L8SE, L4SE, and L1 Pro-R2; Scan Illuminator 7, 4, and R2004/6020; or Dynaudio Esotar

But why limit yourself to just one brand?
Lee was Capt of Team ID for a few years. thus one brand , one loyalty.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot about them build pics. Just like that company forgot about me. (I took too long to finish the install, so they dropped me from the team. So I dropped all their product.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was a L8 in the floor vented into the frame rail. The "side kick" has a L4 vented into the door sill.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The carpets match much better in person.

I am pretty sure I can fit a 5.25 in the 4 location. The 4 is flushed in, but the 5.25 wouldnt be.

Hell, I may break the 8 housing out and redo both areas!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts