DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new GMC Sierra Crew cab and just want to add a sub for now. Probably just going to add 1 10" due to space. I was looking at the PAC AOEM-GM1416 that plugs right into the stock unit (mine is a non-Bose unit). Is this the best option to add an amp/sub using the stock unit?

Second I was curious what the best shallow sub for under $200 would be? Is the Diamond D1 any good? Not a true shallow, but it will fit my box. I need something under 5 1/4 mounting depth to fit the box I'm building.

Next would be the amp. Not looking to spend a fortune but just something quality that has enough power for a sub and a remote gain so I can adjust it up front.

Thank you!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've used a Mtx shallow on a friends truck and he thought it was very good. To me it was above average especially for a shallow mount.
He used an amp that had a highlevel input with remote sense.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put an SA10" in my friends 2011 CC under the driver rear seat ported. Fit just fine and it didn't interfere with the seat at all. He used an LOC from the factory HU with an alpine amp.
Do you happen to have any pics of the box you used? Was it a custom box? The SA10 has a mounting depth of 6" so I'm curious how it was mounted so it would fit. I measured last night and the high point under the seat is around 7 1/2 and the low point is about 4 1/2 inches.

Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you happen to have any pics of the box you used? Was it a custom box? The SA10 has a mounting depth of 6" so I'm curious how it was mounted so it would fit. I measured last night and the high point under the seat is around 7 1/2 and the low point is about 4 1/2 inches.

Thank you!
Here are a couple pix. It was all made with Birch and glass. The PVC port was later replaced with a 4" flared aero port. The only thing I would've done differently is place the port on the pass side. On the driver side it sounds fine, but I think we would've got a little more out of it on the other side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts