DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome Aaron. I am pretty new on this forum as well, but have some years of car audio under my belt. First thing first..We need to know your budget. The subwoofer. I jusy ordered a DIYMA 12 from npdang on the forum. Many knowledgable people on here speak very highly of this sub. I have not heard one yet(will install as soon as it gets here), but for $100 and recommendations by some respected members, It was an easy choice. It is designed to have superb sound quality, and while I am sure it will play loud, it is by no means for the guy who wants to shake the neighbors house.

Head Unit...I am a big Alpine fan, so I like your choice there, I f that unit by Alpine has the features that you need, I say go for it.

The front stage is a big decision and I am not sure of your budget, but there are many good components out there(depending on your taste in sound) What type of listener are you??? Do you enjoy brightness, warmth etc...

The MRP is only about $225 new, so be carefull with ebay.(i am paranoid about not buying from an auth dealer) I would also evaluate some other choices, again based on your desired result. If you just want it to boom, then a kicker and that amp would be fine. If you are into the SQ, you should check out some others.

Above all, do plenty of research, keep asking questions, and try to hear everything you possible can in person. Take your time. G luck

·
Registered
193 Posts
No problem,

The Hybrids are a great speaker. By brightness and warmth, I mean the sound of the music...do you like rock that screams at you up hight, and high frequencies that really pierce your ears or do you like a full inviting sound. It sounds like you will be happy with the HAT components. I would spend the bulk of your budget on those and the amp to drive them, thats where the SQ difference will come in. You might go over budget by a couple hundred, but in the end it will be worth it. I have an ARC KS300.4, it can be had for about $400 (retail, I am not selling mine)and would run those Hybrids great. Great sound quality combo. You could also make this and active setup once you feel comfortable enough.

As far as the sub and amp go, I had all kind of kicker stuff way back when, old style comps, and they were great, I imagine the vt would be fine too. I might also like to see you spend a little more on amp for the sub. Not that the MRP won't be ok, but I think you can get more SQ with something different. I am a big ARC fan and you can grab their 125.2 mini that will put out 250w to your sub and keep the front and sub powered similarly. I like the ARCs because they are very "clean" sounding and do their job, amplify the sound.

Nice setup in that pic!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.